Hydra Battery Charger

GustyWinds

Region
USA
Just got my Hydra a couple days ago and have taken it out twice for a quick spin. One thing I’ve noticed is that the battery charger doesn’t seem to fill the battery up above say 85%. I have it in the lowest amp setting (2 amps) and set to charge 100%. I’m judging the SOC by the Bafang screen. Anyone can provide some insight?

btw, loving the bike so far.

Congratulations on your new bike. I would love to see a picture and hear more about its characteristics if you felt like posting.

I bet others will be able to tell you how to get to 100% but, if you don't need that much range and thus battery, charging to your current level will give you max battery life over the years.

Congratulations on your new bike. I would love to see a picture and hear more about its characteristics if you felt like posting.

I bet others will be able to tell you how to get to 100% but, if you don't need that much range and thus battery, charging to your current level will give you max battery life over the years.
Yeah, I’m wanting battery longevity, but it would be nice to have the option to charge 100% if needed.

308CB745-0594-4D1A-ADC9-2C786542F3C5.jpeg

Nice, kind of stealthy. I think that is almost exactly what mine will look like.

Do you know the number of the paint color on it?

I think someone will be along to tell you simple steps to get 100% charge. I know the Satiator (so) charger can be set for about 80% and I think WW sends them out pre set to one or the other.

Nice, kind of stealthy. I think that is almost exactly what mine will look like.

Do you know the number of the paint color on it?

I think someone will be along to tell you simple steps to get 100% charge. I know the Satiator (so) charger can be set for about 80% and I think WW sends them out pre set to one or the other.
Color is matte black. Yeah, I love the stealth look. I really had a blast on it today. I need to dive in to the x1 programming as my throttle is too jumpy and I was having issue starting from a stop on a hill.

Just got my Hydra a couple days ago and have taken it out twice for a quick spin. One thing I’ve noticed is that the battery charger doesn’t seem to fill the battery up above say 85%. I have it in the lowest amp setting (2 amps) and set to charge 100%. I’m judging the SOC by the Bafang screen. Anyone can provide some insight?

btw, loving the bike so far.
Congratulations on your bike! Very nice look. I am getting a similar behaviour when charging the battery. I initially wanted the Satiator to set the max charging at around 85%, as it better extends the battery life. The Satiator was not available at the time of purchase and I got the WW 10 amps charger. I remember Pushkar saying that the battery BMS had been set to limit the max charge. It seems to come up at around 90% on mine. I didn't pursue the BMS technical details and don't know whether this can be reset or not. It would be worth a discussion with Pushkar.

There is a twist knob on the end of the charger that goes between 80 and 100%. What is it set to?

Your BMS is Bluetooth capable. Download this app check all stats including state of charge etc. This is another wonderful extract that Pushkar just throws in free of charge.

Attachments

• BBDC7A7F-A125-46F6-9BDA-D1FAEC1F56DD.png
    BBDC7A7F-A125-46F6-9BDA-D1FAEC1F56DD.png
    555 KB · Views: 276
My batter says 100% but it drops to 75-85% in less than 5 minutes of use. I’ll have to check this out.

if you want to go fast you’re going to use a lot of battery. I purposely ride in echo one and two and I can get 30 miles of trail riding. Eco 2 is really pretty darn fast. Compared to a Turbo echo 2 on the hydra is more powerful than boost on the Levo. if I want to go fast sometimes I’m only getting 12 miles.

Last edited:
Yet my wife's ebike doesn't seem to suffer from this effect.
It would be less apparent with higher current cells or more cells in parallel. What is your wife riding?

I didn't see anything in the Hydra BMS settings that would pertain to this.

It would be less apparent with higher current cells or more cells in parallel. What is your wife riding?

I didn't see anything in the Hydra BMS settings that would pertain to this.

wife’s bike is 52 on a 1k watt bike. Specifically it’s the Ultra duo. I rode it until my hydra came

also for comparison, the radrover I rented also didn’t experience a sudden drop.

I think the thing that makes the most sense is if it is an 85% charge and and the display reads it as full then corrects slowly..

Back