Howdy From Kansas City

David 2

Dave and Evelyn from Smithville Mo. We bought two Himiways and have only about 25 miles on them so far. In our late 70s and not wanting to give up biking we have purchased two electric bikes. Two trips out and some soreness in places that haven't been sore in a long time. We have 27 mi of paved trail around Smithville Lake and a lot more around the state, we are excited about getting out. I am having a little issue on my rear brakes squealing when I apply them to slow down just a little. Sound like a freight train, don't need a bell.

The bikes were delivered by Fed Ex. They were to be delivered by the end of Aug. but one made it here about a couple weeks late and the other one was a week later. This is our first electric bikes and we didn't really know what to expect. I did find the taillight was not connected to the wires and a couple loose screws, other than that I found the Quality of the overall bike really good. I did find that the person that translated the instruction booklet didn't understand how the english language works. I do know how hard the language is to translate. Anything else, just ask.

Welcome David to EBR. Happy to see us older folks have not given up. It makes it much more enjoyable to be able to do long rides and as long as we plan right, we’ll be OK. Know your bikes capability’s, don’t get overconfident, carry a spare and some tools and most of all your cellphone, also know your location. i will leave your question about the brake squeaking to the experts on this site. I heard that if you touch the rotor with your bare fingers, the oils can cause brake squeaking, but a more knowledgable person can help you out. Good luck to you and your wife and most of all, ride safe.

Welcome David. We are also 70ish and the e-bikes have been a blessing as they will extend our cycling lifestyle for at least another 10 years. Bigal had good advice on spares, tools, cellphones, etc. I've added a lithium pump (and large trunk bag) to my on-board kit, as I don't want to have to inflate those fat tires with a mini pump, LOL. On the other hand, we have 2000 miles so far without a flat ! Like Timpo said, there have been delivery problems with the Himiways, so glad you got yours. Google squeaky bicycle disc brakes on YouTube, and you will find simple ways to fix that problem.

1606102126028.png

Dave and Evelyn from Smithville Mo. We bought two Himiways and have only about 25 miles on them so far. In our late 70s and not wanting to give up biking we have purchased two electric bikes. Two trips out and some soreness in places that haven't been sore in a long time. We have 27 mi of paved trail around Smithville Lake and a lot more around the state, we are excited about getting out. I am having a little issue on my rear brakes squealing when I apply them to slow down just a little. Sound like a freight train, don't need a bell.
David, I still haven’t figured out why it makes a that scraping sound. I tried cleaning the discs with 91% alcohol. That helped then the noise came back. I also by accident noticed the rear disc bolts were all loose causing play in the system. I tightened them and it was good for awhile. The noise came back. I’m living with it and enjoying the heck of my bike!

I loosened the retention bolts on the rear caliper, and went for a ride using the rear brake, I let the caliper center itself and tightened it up 2ithout moving it That seemed to fix the problem so far. Now at 250 mi.

Reactions: SYL
I loosened the retention bolts on the rear caliper, and went for a ride using the rear brake, I let the caliper center itself and tightened it up 2ithout moving it That seemed to fix the problem so far. Now at 250 mi.
Thanks I will have to try that!

Back