How to turn the Rover over

Banderboy

Region
USA
I saw a guy on YouTube flip his bike over, and he made it look really easy. Now I can't find that video. Right now I'm recovering from a broken femur, so an easy method would be nice. I'm contemplating vertical parking in my apartment. Thanks for any help!

I usually use the rear tire brake, pull back on the handle bars to raise the front wheel, and then pull it over on its back (I have a mat so I don't scratch up the seat/handlebar). I also use the same technique to move my Rovers/Radcity in/out of my vertical storage in the garage. The Steady rack come in fat tire, plus size tires, and bikes with fenders. I don't know if the fat tire Steady rack would work with a Rover with a fender?

Steady Rack for Fat tire bikes, Amazon, $80, swings left/right: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CF59PPS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Steady Rack 2.jpg

Radrover storage.JPG

Last edited:
flip his bike over, and he made it look really easy.
Dunno whether this qualifies as easy, but remove battery and lock to reduce weight, could even pull the seat (I don't do that). Stand behind rear wheel and wedge one foot in so it can't roll backwards, lift by handlebars. Once it's vertical you can walk it around a bit, though if you let it lean one side or the other it gets out of control fast. I don't do vertical rack, but I do need to flip it to fix flats, replace a tire, or true a wheel. On days where I do that I do feel it a bit in my lower back the next day (normal for me, not a problem). I saved one of the half-inch foam packing sheets to pad the handlebar hardware when upside down.

Make certain you remove your battery if you hang your bike vertically! Those Lithium Ions can spill out, and you will not only have a mess to clean up, but you will need to refill the ions in order to work properly. The same thing goes for those older plasma TV's, and you had to refill the plasma from time to time if you tilted it sideways too much. The plasma would leak out, but it was gaseous, so there was no way to recover it! :)

Whatever you do, handle the bike in a manner where you minimize the risk of letting any smoke out of it. They come with just enough! If you see smoke coming from a bike, that's a sure sign it's going to be needing repair soon.

And to my knowledge, NOBODY has figured out how to put that smoke back in.....

One guy tried, but he let even more smoke out in the process....

Really. Nothing worse than flammable smoke....

Back