How to remove speed limit from Chinese electric bikes - Top speed Unlock Easy Guide - Samebike LO26, Fiido D1

JustM

I have made a video how to remove legal speed limit from most Chinese electric bikes.

I have used Fiido D1 and Samebike LO26 in the video example but this works with many more ebike models from China.

eBikes with no LCD

Method 1: Hold throttle to the max and power bike. Hold for 5s, release and power off.

Method 2: Hold brakes and power bike. Hold for 5s, release and power off.

eBikes with LCD S830

Hold up and down arrows to enter settings menu.

On the LCD S830 model speed limit is set in P08 menu. It's set in km/h and 50 or 100 value is unlimited setting.

eBikes with LCD C695

Menu password is 0512

Important

Rising power/speed limit over manufactures specs may damage your bike.

In this case both bikes were limited because of the EU laws with the 25km/h speed limit and not the hardware limits.

Stock Fiido D1 10Ah in China goes 30km/h and has 350W. So we are just unlocking stock settings.

Same for Samebike LO26 which stock settings were 35km/h 500W.

Last edited:
How do I replace it? Thank you!

Attachments

• 6971C72A-407D-4F52-BDCF-12D57265E15C.jpeg
    6971C72A-407D-4F52-BDCF-12D57265E15C.jpeg
    374.6 KB · Views: 9,901
How do you know if you can remove the speed limit or not (before you buy the bike)? Also, will the top speed vary if you are able to remove the speed limit?

Fiido bikes are designed to go 30km/h and limited to 25km/h just for legal reasons in some countries.
So removing the limit is actually just restoring factory defaults. There are no disadvantages or issues with that.

But this is not the same with all bikes. And unlocking may have big issues on other bikes if they are limited for technical reasons like overheating. So there is no way to know except just looking for info online if a particular model has been unlocked by other users and if there are disadvantages after unlocking.

For example I have removed the speed limit from my Xiaomi M365 scooter and fried it the same week by simply riding it.

I have made a video how to remove legal speed limit from most Chinese electric bikes.

I have used Fiido D1 and Samebike LO26 in the video example but this works with many more ebike models from China.

eBikes with no LCD

Method 1: Hold throttle to the max and power bike. Hold for 5s, release and power off.

eBikes with LCD S830

On the LCD S830 model speed limit is set in P08 menu. It's set in km/h and 50 or 100 value is unlimited setting.

eBikes with LCD C695

Menu password is 0512

Important

In this case both bikes were limited because of the EU laws with the 25km/h speed limit and not the hardware limits.

Stock Fiido D1 10Ah in China goes 30km/h and has 350W. So we are just unlocking stock settings.

I have this luqi caiqiees 2.0 citycoco. It can only reach 3rd gear but has a forth gear. I have upgraded the battery but dont know how to get to it. Can anyone help.
Regards Jan hamm denmark
20210702_140111.jpg

eBikes with no LCD

eBikes with LCD S830

eBikes with LCD C695

Menu password is 0512

Important

Thanks for the information!

It tryed that. But it just remove the gear so it only goes 25 kmph. It dont take the gear in 4 gear. I try Again but dont seem to work. Any one that cab help pleease

eBikes with no LCD

Since i have no lcd, i used your method, but no luck. Tried with the white wire cut and uncut, same result. Any other idea?

Attachments

• IMG20210720185818.jpg
    IMG20210720185818.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 2,353
  • IMG20210720185825.jpg
    IMG20210720185825.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 1,375
  • IMG20210720185832.jpg
    IMG20210720185832.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 1,385
  • IMG20210720185848.jpg
    IMG20210720185848.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 1,066

eBikes with no LCD

eBikes with LCD S830

eBikes with LCD C695

Menu password is 0512

Important

Will this work on a shengmilo mx02s?

Interesting that a manufacturer will post on how to defeat their own product. They then get to have it both ways. 1) Sell a safe and legal product. 2) Sell an unsafe illegal product - without the liability. What if gun manufactures did this to sell more guns by posting on how to make them fully automatic? You do know that when these bike motors melt because of the override, the manufacturer will then deny posting on how to override and will deny the warranty. Only an insider who is designing and building a product can know these things to create such an opening paragraph.

Back