How to buy disc brake pads that suitable for my mechanical disc brake system for replacement

ebikebeginner

HI, everyone, how to buy disc brake pads that suitable for my mechanical disc brake system for replacement. I see there a lot type to choose from, which I believe for different systems. Please kindly advise. Thanks, you.

No picture, no model name, no guidance. A drawing and dimensions might help.
I found some suitable ones for my tektro mechanicals on e-bay. They matched the shimano pattern, little rectangles with a hole on top in the middle.
Singapore probably has bike shops that you can take your old brake pad in person for a match up. My nearest LBS is 4 miles away and has sold me defective goods before.

First, look for a name on your disk brakes. We have bought two ebikes and they came with Tektro disk brakes. Turns out these are pretty inexpensive, so a lot of bikes use them. I can buy pads for these on amazon for about 10 dollars. Even less on ebay.

Textro_2.jpg

Textro_1.jpg

If there's no name, someone has to pull out the old pads and try to match them to pictures of available pads. Maybe a bike shop will recognize your brand. However, the shop would probably want to put on name brand brakes.

Actually, I have done that. Purchased cheap brakes, Found that they didn't work as well as the original rim brakes. Upgraded to Avid brakes ,

With the lack of information provided, no one can help you. If you can provide more information such as the make and model of the brake or even pull out the pad and post a picture then people might be able to steer you in the right direction.

Back