How Safe Is Your Local Bike Path?

These days I tried wearing a mask along with my cycling glasses. The problem I get is that, just like my winter balaclava, the mask fogs up my glasses. I had to resort to wearing my helmet with the face shield.

I usually use this helmet for night time riding where I'm in areas where the are a lot of bugs. This keeps them off my face.

During the day its very comfortable and already has UV protection so I don't need glasses underneath. The face mask doesn't fog up the shield. The shield I purchased about a year ago online and can withstand speeds up to about 32 mph before is starts to bend.

Once you wear it, its so comfortable you forget you have it on. I tried to adjust my mask once and hit my shield with my hand. Probably shouldn't have tried that anyways after touching all those crossing signal switches.

View attachment 51080
Where did you purchase that face shield?

The following is part of a chart updated 4/29/20 and published by Worldometer: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/?utm_campaign=homeAdUOA?Si

While it is true that the US has the highest number of reported Covid cases, this number is deceiving. We are a large, populous country. A more significant way to compare statistics is the number of cases per 1M population (column 9). Here, the US ranks third, surpassed by Spain and Italy.

Of course, if you look at the next level down, a State like New York has around 16000 cases per million population and 1200 deaths per million population.

If you go down another level New York City has 20403 cases per million and 2168 deaths per million.

I don't have comparable numbers for Milan or Barcelona or London but I suspect they are similarly ugly.

Back