How much would you pay for a used radwagon 1(Not the 4) w 650 miles?

John Ni

Region
USA
I saw a listing for $1800 including carbose and kids seat.

It would be nice to get a second hand bike but how do I know how reliable a used bike is?

Last edited:
How long ago did the seller purchase the bike? Used batteries can be the week spot. AND since few shops will work on a Rad YOU will be the maintenance guy.

That said others here know Rad bikes better. I’m prejudiced and don’t have much faith in factory direct sales marketing. But off the cuff $1800 would spike me. What was the original purchase price?

New battery from Rad is $500. If the battery is bad you'd be into the RW1 bike for $2300.

Radwagon4+caboose+Thule Yepp seat would be $2000+200+260+tax.

The new RW4 have a geared hub vs the direct drive on the original plus a bigger battery and other smaller upgrades.

I guess it's an OK deal IF those are the accessories you would get anyways AND you are completely confident that the 4? year old battery is in good shape.

Personally, I'd offer to take the caboose and seat off their hands for $300 and then buy a new Radwagon 4.

Thanks guys for the perspective. That makes sense. It sounds like $1800 is a poor deal.
Radwagon4+caboose+Thule Yepp seat would be $2000+200+260+tax=~$2700.
What do you think would be a good price for the bike?

The only analogy I can think of is buying a used car w a blue book kelly. And I couldn't calculate the value of an old bike.

He said he won it in a raffle in 2018 but claims its 2019. So its probably 2018.

Back