How many of you bought this bike sight unseen?

trx123

After reading reviews and watching videos I think the Radrover is the bike I want. But I have never bought something at this price sight unseen. Like what if it doesn't quite fit, or is not as comfortable as I thought? Have any of you been even slightly disappointed with this bike? I wish I could ride one before committing. I live in the Phoenix area and would very much appreciate it if there is someone nearby that would let me see the bike. One more question, does this bike climb reasonably well if you help pedaling?

I bought it sight unseen. I was scared at the beginning because it is a BIG bike (I'm pretty short) but I absolutely love it.

The electric motor and electric system have worked flawlessly. I've never used more then half the battery.

In hindsight I'm not a bike connoisseur and should have probably taken it to a bike shop after I assembled it to make sure everything was well adjusted. I did have to get a crank arm replaced because it kept getting loose, but that was like $15.

I bought one sight unseen. Then I bought another! No problem climbing hills if you pedal along. The biggest issue to consider is the size and weight of the bike. My wife has never spent a lot of time on bikes and found it a bit intimidating at first. Now she absolutely loves it! The other thing to consider about the size and weight is transporting the bikes. Unless you can put them in the back of a pickup, you'll need a heavy duty bike rack. Although, I can fit one in the back of my compact SUV with the front wheel off. The fat tires can also limit transport options i.e. the racks on the front of our local transit buses are too narrow. Hopefully someone in the Phoenix area will chime in and let you test ride. Check out the Facebook page too.RadPower RadRover and RadWagon Owners

I test rode my RadWagon first since I live nearby, but it only confirmed my feeling that these are well-made bikes with good quality components (not premium, but good), at an amazing price for what you get. I'm putting 100 miles/week on mine with no regrets.

I bought one unseen. I was about the 60th contributor to their Indiegogo campaign, so I also had to wait about 4 months to receive my bike, plus I live in the UK so sending it back wouldn't have been an option.

It was great for climbing hills. When the Tour de France visited the UK in 2014 it went up a hill close to where I live which was classed as a Category 4 climb. My RadRover got up it pretty easily although it needed a bit of help with the really steep parts. I had absolutely no regrets buying one.

Unfortunately, my RadRover was stolen in January. So I would say that my only disappointment with the bike was that it was too cool and desirable, since the bike thieves cut through the bike rack it was lock to and dragged it away with the lock still attached and didn't steal the bike in the same bike rack that cost double what a RadRover costs (and I'd taken the battery off before locking it up!). I wanted to buy another RadRover, but was told by RPB that the shipping costs to the UK would be $1100 :(

I bought my RR sight unseen in December last year. I got excited about E-Bikes a few months earlier after riding my son's Sonders E-bike. Even though it is less powerful, has less battery life, no display and only one speed, I saw E-Bikes as a way I could ride with my wife again even after my back surgeries. After doing a LOT of online research, I found that the RR offered as much, and in many cases more than E-Bikes that cost thousands of dollars more. Living close to Seattle I got to pick my bike up. The advantage to this is that it was already put together and properly set up. I rode it at their shop and immediately fell in love. It rains and is cold in Seattle this time of year (it was raining and cold when I picked it up), so I haven't been riding too much yet, but my wife and I have been on a couple 15 mile rides, and a shorter one where we had to turn back after 4 miles because it was too cold. The bike is everything the reviews say about it and everything I had hoped it would be. I'm completely sold on it!!!
BTW: I'm a little over 6' 3" tall and weigh about 220 lbs.

Mark -

Thanks to all that replied. My wife and I are getting our Radrovers delivered today. Looking forward to putting them together. I doubt we'll be disappointed. I'll post more after we ride them.

We got them yesterday and it was love at first sight! Anyone on the fence not quite sure, take the plunge. It is unbelievable fun. Will it wear out? I doubt it. You will not find a bike like this, at this price, anywhere else.

I am seriously looking at buying a RadRover. I have been doing research and this one fits my liking. I live north of Dallas and have only one shop and it does not carry this bike.

You cannot buy this bike in a shop. You have to order it directly from Radrover. I believe they are out of the black ones, but they will get more early in April.

I bought unseen. I am from the UK but am working in california for two years. I needed a bike urgently to help get me to work and back. The other major hurdle is that there are no shower facilities at my work that I could use so my road bike was never going to go down well with my work colleagues.. Well the smell!! We also only have one car here which my wife uses most days to ferry the kids around so an ebike looked like a good solution to ease the burden. I need something quickly.... it needed to cope with a 22 mile round trip commute most week days, it needed to carry my 225 lb lard ass and laptop and things, it needed to cope with a mix of roads, cycle lanes, climbs and decents and had to fit my budget! Within a few days of research I choose the rad rover. All I can say is that it fits my needs pretty damn well. I had a couple of minor faults which were corrected quickly by RPB (mine is one of the the original style models). I have set it up as a commute bike with smooth tyres, fenders and rack and has clocked up some 600+ miles over the last 3 months. Things which i considered important... I rode my commute on my road bike a few times and felt that the road quality was certainly punishing my road bike... This certainly steered me towards a fat tyre \ mountain bike style ebike. Being an ebike you are also likely to average higher speeds on the road putting a bike under greater stress. I also have to contend with xxxxxxx California drivers who all need a proper slap! Please guys stop using mobiles and give a little more room to cyclists!! The rad rover has good presence and stance on the road and do feel far safer and visable on the road compared to when using my road bike. Overal the quality of the bike is good. It would be nice if it had a better groupsets fitted but then I would not have been in my price bracket... The only minor issue i have is that it would be nice to be a little bit faster on a 2 mile road stretch where the traffic is quite fast but on the remainder of the commute it is more than nimble enough. Would i recommend... Absolutely...

A friend of mine and I went in together and bought a package deal for two bikes. We both bought unseen and went off reviews and value. It's not a top end bike, but it is full of awesomeness! If you like to ride a bike, you won't be dissappointed!

Back