How many miles do you get on your RadRover/Radwagon?

I dont know much about the wagon but i regularly pedal my rover in the flats without power, i dont think you need to worry about getting a workout on an ebike, you control how much help you want from the bike

You can work as much or as little as you want

Hello,

I'm thinking of buying myself a Radwagon very soon but was wondering if one can pedal the bike without the assist of motor so that I can get a bit of a workout on the way home from work? Thank you!
You absolutely can. And since the Rover is somewhere north of (depending on additions) 60lbs, you will likely get more of a workout than you want.

To me, the hub motor is like riding an escalator. You can stand, slowly step up, walk up, or jog up depending on how fast you want to move. It would take me sometimes 30-45 minutes to ride my regular bike the 6.5 miles home depending on how hot or windy it was that day. I can now do the trip in 20-25 minutes at 2X to 3X the speed at any temp, incline, or headwinds of over +20 mph. I usually take an extra 5-15 mile detours at PAS 2 or 3 if I want to get more exercise to or from work.

I could ride my Radrover at PAS 0 or 1 the entire work commute; but, it would put me back in the +45 min time frame because of only having 7 gears and the rover being sooooo heavy to pedal up inclines. PAS 2 is the lowest level I use for just level road riding (I like keeping my mph up to help in cooling).

To me, the hub motor is like riding an escalator. You can stand, slowly step up, walk up, or jog up depending on how fast you want to move. It would take me sometimes 30-45 minutes to ride my regular bike the 6.5 miles home depending on how hot or windy it was that day. I can now do the trip in 20-25 minutes at 2X to 3X the speed at any temp, incline, or headwinds of over +20 mph. I usually take an extra 5-15 mile detours at PAS 2 or 3 if I want to get more exercise to or from work.

I could ride my Radrover at PAS 0 or 1 the entire work commute; but, it would put me back in the +45 min time frame because of only having 7 gears and the rover being sooooo heavy to pedal up inclines. PAS 2 is the lowest level I use for just level road riding (I like keeping my mph up to help in cooling).
Thank you very much for that information. Now I just need to narrow down my choice :).

Molly.

Back