How is your Aventure experience?

I've had mine for about 5 weeks and am really liking it. This is my first electric, though I've been riding bikes of some sort for 60 years. The only issues I've had are what you'd expect getting used to a new platform. I was in no way ready when I went from level 2 to level 3 assist and the thing just took off. Once I got used to being pushed along I'm enjoying the help. The other is realizing why it's called a hard tail. I'll be looking at a Cloud 9 seat and possibly a suspension seat post. The weight is substantial when you're lifting it but it doesn't seem at all sluggish when riding.

I'll be looking at a Cloud 9 seat and possibly a suspension seat post.
I don't have an Aventure, but I do have a Level which is similar in many ways other than it not being a fat tire bike. I went with a Kinekt seatpost, and I'm very happy with it. I weigh in the 220 range, so I am below the lower spec of their XL2 version (240-320 #), but they do suggest in small print on their website that for eBike use, add 20# to your weight. Presumably, this is due to the greater speeds achieved by eBikes and greater relative force upon the seat-post as a result. The Kinekt seatpost is probably the more expensive option when it comes to suspension seatposts, but it is very well built (almost overbuilt in fact, which is a great thing), and once the preload is dialed in to your liking, it does it's job perfectly.

One note however, is the requirement that you have at least 4" available from your seatpost clamp to the base of your saddle rails with your saddle height set as you like it. If you currently have less than this now, adding the Kinekt seatpost would result in your saddle height being higher than it currently is, and this could create added issues. If you do have the room however, the Kinekt seatpost will not disappoint.

The Kinekt looks really nice but I am glad I was sitting down when I got to the price. I learned from my first VW to always try the cheap fix first, so I'm hoping a seat replacement will do the trick.

The Kinekt looks really nice but I am glad I was sitting down when I got to the price. I learned from my first VW to always try the cheap fix first, so I'm hoping a seat replacement will do the trick.
I bought a Trek seat post for $29.99. Pavement suspension seat post.
I had an earlier new e-bike and the seat was too low. So I needed around 4 more inches. I ride 400 plus miles a month and the shortcoming is the saddle.
Just my opinion, I try to go cheap also because of potential theft. I hear of stolen seats.

I try to go cheap also because of potential theft. I hear of stolen seats.
That is a very real concern of mine as well. I rarely leave my eBike unattended, and between my SpiderFlex seat and Kinekt seatpost, the theft of both would cost me about $450.00 to replace. I do have a small and interesting little cable lock that I use for my skis, and it would serve as some protection for the simpleminded thief: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012A4TUZE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Basically though, I ride for exercise and recreation, so I head out and back without ever needing to lock things up and leave it. It certainly would be nice to live in Mayberry though, where little to no criminal element was afoot, but then again, even that is fantasy...

I just got a pair of non-polarized prescription sunglasses and my ride this morning was the first time I could actually see the display on my new Aventure without twisting my neck around. It's really nice after all.

I have not had a good experience with the new Aventure so far. I wanted a large bike but they were out of stock so I ordered the M/L. What came was a low bike marked M. It was much smaller than what I am used to riding. (This is my sixth ebike) Ok, well I figured that I would have to live with that. I next wanted to change the speed limiter. It looked so simple on the video that they have on Youtube. Easy, right. Well, I did exactly what they tell you on the video but when I tried it everything on the display showed up on mine EXCEPT for the speed limiter display. I have retried it quite a few times. I have signed into the app too. I haven't gotten any help from aventon on this matter. They tell me that I can send the bike back. That sounds like a foolish answer when they could just fix the problem for me

Kaptaink9 I had the same frustration with setting the speed. They have an old process on the video. To change the top speed, I had to use the Aventon ap on my phone. on the top right corner of the screen is a picture of a "cog" for settings. open up the settings and the speed limit adjustment is the 3rd adjustment down. You can use the "+" to increase it up to 51KM/H. Hope this helps.

I have not had a good experience with the new Aventure so far. I wanted a large bike but they were out of stock so I ordered the M/L. What came was a low bike marked M. It was much smaller than what I am used to riding. (This is my sixth ebike) Ok, well I figured that I would have to live with that. I next wanted to change the speed limiter. It looked so simple on the video that they have on Youtube. Easy, right. Well, I did exactly what they tell you on the video but when I tried it everything on the display showed up on mine EXCEPT for the speed limiter display. I have retried it quite a few times. I have signed into the app too. I haven't gotten any help from aventon on this matter. They tell me that I can send the bike back. That sounds like a foolish answer when they could just fix the problem for me
You can change the top speed in their free App

I am looking to buy a secondary/companion bike that can do light trail duty, gravel and a few hills with some comfort. Looking at the Aventon Aventure step thru and the Electric Bike Company Model R. How is the bike to ride? Does it feel too big and heavy? I like to use the throttle minimally. How is it on hills? Any opinions are welcome. I presently have the Specialized Como 5.0. I am 5'9" 250lbs and 71 years old. I tried a Juiced Ripcurrent s and it seemed big and cumbersome.
HI David,

First let me say that these Aventon Aventure e-bikes are terrific in many ways. We own two step-throughs. They’re sturdy, the 750 watt hub motors provide lots of power and acceleration and the design is beautiful. I would certainly recommend them to prospective buyers. However, if something goes wrong with your bike, you are in for world of hurt. Aventon Customer Support is an absolute disaster!

Our bikes shipped on June 29th, 2021 and arrived a few days later. One has been a dream and the other a nightmare. The front tire was so far out of True that a local bikes shop could not balance it, The derailleur was out of whack, skipping gears and shifting on its own. Screws started falling out of some external and internal parts. And then - after only two months and 347 miles the battery died during a short 3 mile round trip.

I submitted a Warranty Form on August 30, 2021. And over the next four weeks, I provided proof of purchase, serial numbers, as well as images and videos of the problem. Despite dozens of emails, phone calls and online tech support chats they have yet to send me a new battery. It's been 30 days.

So, a word of warning. Aventon is by no means one of those fly-by-night Go Fund Me kind of companies, It’s a company with a stalwart reputation. But if you have a warranty problem, prepare yourself for a very, VERY long wait.

I ordered a Medium Aventure in Green on 8/29 with 9/6 as the expected shipping date. That came and went and after connecting with Gabe from Aventon on Reddit, I got my email escalated and a potential ship date. Happy to say it was a few days early. Got the box opened and the bike put together. Took me, maybe 30 mins to unbox it, put it together and get my first ride in! Shimano gears, zoom brakes. Everything worked as it should. Derailleur needs tuned very slightly but I’ll take care of that when I have more time.

Very happy for now!

Back