How important is...

sfdint51

Newbie in the midst of endless research needs your wisdom. I am an older gent looking for a comfortable step through that can give me enough range and performance to handle Forest Service roads in western VA. Had settled on the Surface 604 Rook. Good price and all the features I want. Main reservation, no dealer support.

Yesterday I visited a local bike shop and discovered the Trek 2+ Lowstep. Blown away by it's looks and quality of the design and build. It's $500 more but dealer service alone is worth the extra. Question: The Trek has a smaller battery and motor. It has lower cranking torque than the Rook. Would I be getting a bike that is a bit on the feebler end of the power range? Would there be a noticeable difference in their acceleration or hill climbing ability?

All things being equal I lean toward the Trek.

I'm satisfied with the quality of my Trek ebike (Powerfly 5) and of the dealer service. My only gripe is that the tyres are almost impossible to get off the rims, but how could one know that in advance!
… David

Would there be a noticeable difference in their acceleration or hill climbing ability? All things being equal I lean toward the Trek.

Your questions should be answered by taking a test ride where you intend to ride. A couple years ago I test rode some Gazelle models with the previous generation Bosch Active Line Motor and found it to be quite adequate for my needs climbing paved roads, but what is the surface of the fire roads like?

Back