How far can we push it?

Ravi, that is amazing! I once did 1200 miles in 24 hours on a motorcycle for a charity Iron Butt Run, but 350 or 300 on a bicycle.... amazing! Congratulations!

I don't know if I got that in me....

Hi Ravi. That was sure some ride you took!Memories for a lifetime . Good for you. Do it while your young.Because when you get old you will not be able to do it then.
You road the Sky Line Drive , all I an thinking about riding is the Tail of The Dragon. That is only 11 miles long.318 truns.
I was wondering how your brakes held up in the mountains.
I have been a flat lander for so long , plus the GenZe 101 sport that I have is the first bicycle that I have had that has disk brakes. And I do not know how they will hold up to all the down hills there are in the mountains.
Congratulations on such an amazing ride again!
Keep looking up! Ken.

Excellent job...to think I get tired after 85....did you sleep?

Thank you.
Training has helped me a lot. I took 3 power naps 45 minutes each.

I think it is a crime to live in MD/VA area, own an ebike and not ride on Sky line drive. 110 miles of traffic-free, picturesque road. I am guessing you'll need at least four ST1 batteries.
let me know when you want to do it, I will join you :)

Last edited:
Hi Ravi. That was sure some ride you took!Memories for a lifetime . Good for you. Do it while your young.Because when you get old you will not be able to do it then.
You road the Sky Line Drive , all I an thinking about riding is the Tail of The Dragon. That is only 11 miles long.318 truns.
I was wondering how your brakes held up in the mountains.
I have been a flat lander for so long , plus the GenZe 101 sport that I have is the first bicycle that I have had that has disk brakes. And I do not know how they will hold up to all the down hills there are in the mountains.
Congratulations on such an amazing ride again!
Keep looking up! Ken.

Thank you, Ken. What you're doing with GenZe is amazing. 50 mile/charge is excellent.
Re: Tail of the Dragon and I did look it up, wow!! those crashesss..

You know what's funny, I used my brakes only a very few times on Skyline drive. The good thing about gearless motor is 'regen' mode and ST2 has very powerful regen and my brakes didn't take a beating.

Ravi, that is amazing! I once did 1200 miles in 24 hours on a motorcycle for a charity Iron Butt Run, but 350 or 300 on a bicycle.... amazing! Congratulations!

I don't know if I got that in me....

Wow, JR!
1200 miles is quite an astonishing feat. Time to get HD Livewire bike and go on a ride again ;)

Ravi, To say this is impressive is a huge understatement and disservice. You have really put your efforts and money with your passion and with great results. Numbers like that help everyone benchmark what is possible and the potential of a given horse with the right jockey ,so to speak.
I am proud to call your friend, and keep pushin it, safely!

Hi Ravi, Thank you for your reply. I thought about your bike has regen after I had already posted my reply. Plus you are 40 years younger than me. Nobody uses breaks utill they are around 40 years old.

I tried to google up your ride on the dragon, but I am not very good at this computer stuff. If you could show me how to find your ride on the dragon, I would like to read about your ride.
I do not know when I will get a try at it, it is a long car trip to get there from Sebastian FLA. with my wife and dog , and joint pains . Trips are not a lot of fun anymore.
Have fun up there, keep safe, watch out for the cars. Ken.

Wow, JR!
1200 miles is quite an astonishing feat. Time to get HD Livewire bike and go on a ride again ;)
Well I don't know... I was sitting on a seat, you in a saddle! And my MC's for the last 20 years have all had air shocks, stereo and electronic cruise control:D You would've liked the course though, 8 of us went from Harrisburg, PA to Knoxville, TN and back. Just in the shadow of your ride.

If you're looking for good long rides, checkout Gaspé Peninsula's ring road. Bicycle friendly, good roads and very pretty scenery! I've toured part of it on a bicycle and all of it on a MC.

Knock! Knock!
Is this a 200 mile club? ;)

First of all, I must thank @opimax (Mark) who let me charge my batteries at his place.
@eDean and me rode together in spite of thunderstorms, rain for 65 miles. It was just epic.

The heavy rain delayed my evening rides a little but I was able to make it.

Check out my 211.4 mi Ride on Strava: http://app.strava.com/activities/329942233

View attachment 3565 View attachment 3566

Now, with a single battery, there are limitations. Lenny @Crazy Lenny Ebikes will be sending a spare battery next month. I'm thinking 350 in 24 hours is a good benchmark to set :cool:

Keep looking up,
Ravi.

Enjoy your rides fellas.
Any idea what your whr/mi performance was? I see you averaged a little over 17mph.

Congrats and nice feat.

Any idea what your whr/mi performance was? I see you averaged a little over 17mph.
Congrats and nice feat.

Hi Dan,
That's the old one. Here's the new one. The average speed was 21.8mph and I'm pretty sure the power consumption is ~ 18-19 whr/mile
Because I used up 7 battery charges for 310.2 miles.
Strava proof.JPG

Ravi, To say this is impressive is a huge understatement and disservice. You have really put your efforts and money with your passion and with great results. Numbers like that help everyone benchmark what is possible and the potential of a given horse with the right jockey ,so to speak.
I am proud to call your friend, and keep pushin it, safely!

Hi Greg,
Really appreciate the kind words and support. I am very lucky to have friends like you who really helped following me in a sag wagon with all my food, gear and also they did a great job in capturing videos/images. It's impossible to attempt something like this without proper support system.

Last edited:
Ravi,

My wife and girls are out of town this week. They get back Saturday.

Since we are close, do you have any time to go for a 1 hour ride and compare bikes? My new Falco build is ready to rock!

Dan

I work next to BWI Airport. There is an 11 mile bike trail around the airport... just an idea.

I hate DC traffic, so if we can avoid that, the better.

Ravi,
My wife and girls are out of town this week. They get back Saturday.
Since we are close, do you have any time to go for a 1 hour ride and compare bikes? My new Falco build is ready to rock!
Dan

Replied via PM. I'm excited to try the Falco setup.

Great accomplishment Ravi, that took a lot of mental endurance and planning for sure. I wonder if this is even more impressive because the ST2 has a gearless hub which are not the best for climbing.

Back