HOW FAR CAN I GO ?

Joe52V

The biggest question when i was researching my first ebike was how far can I go on the battery. Yes there are many factors. The Rip has a 52v 13a. At 500 miles I put her through many variable. I tested the battery in 10 mile increments . Last week was the final test of the maximum under good conditions I was able to get 32 miles on a single charge with 3 bars left in PA 1 for 95% of the ride . Now factor in im a big dude 250 6’ which is decreasing every week thanks to an ebike. I figure i will get 40 miles after more weight loss. When riding with high elevations in a PA 3 90% i would have 3 bars left at 20 miles.

Good for you Joe, if your bike is equipped with a throttle, using it will drain your battery quicker than the PAS. If you’re on flat roads, just pedal without assist. It will conserve energy and help with your exercise. Welcome to this site and good luck. Lots of help from EBR.

Hi Joe I am a heavy rider at 285. I own a Addmotor bike 750 watts, 48 volts with a 14 amp battery. I get about 30 miles out of my bike with a couple of bars left. The hills really kill my battery for me. I am going to purchase another battery to keep on hand in the future. It's great that you can ride so far in PA 1! My God that would kill me! I start out at 2 then go to 3...when going up a hill I hit 4....

Hi Joe I am a heavy rider at 285. I own a Addmotor bike 750 watts, 48 volts with a 14 amp battery. I get about 30 miles out of my bike with a couple of bars left. The hills really kill my battery for me. I am going to purchase another battery to keep on hand in the future. It's great that you can ride so far in PA 1! My God that would kill me! I start out at 2 then go to 3...when going up a hill I hit 4....
Hi steve,
It took alot if riding on a trek hybrid first . Then i got this beast in May and now at 587 miles . At first i had to use PA 2 and 3. I still need 3 if its crazy hills. I am now trying to do most of my riding in economy which is almost no help. Lol

Back