How does Court come up with the estimated ranges on his reviews?

bikeman242

Specifically, I am looking at the

BH REBEL LYNX 5.5 27.5" + PW-X

Court lists the following on his written review:

Estimated Min Range:
48 miles (77 km)
Estimated Max Range:
108 miles (174 km)

However, on the official BH website ((Link Removed - No Longer Exists)), they list the max range for this bike at 65 miles.

That is a huge difference!!! I was wondering how court comes up with his estimated max range, and what the possible reason is for the discrepancy.

Thank you for everything that you do to make eBike shopping more enjoyable!

Estimated Min Range:
48 miles (77 km)
Estimated Max Range:
108 miles (174 km)

However, on the official BH website ((Link Removed - No Longer Exists)), they list the max range for this bike at 65 miles.

That is a huge difference!!! I was wondering how court comes up with his estimated max range, and what the possible reason is for the discrepancy.

Hey there, @bikeman242

Normally when we calculate a max distance we'll take a look at the manufacturer's specifications and sometimes adjust them up or down depending on a few things and our own experience riding the bike. Things we take into consideration are the weight of the bike, the shape of the frame and the performance of similarly-equipped bikes, etc.

For this particular review, it looks like a bit of human error.

We've updated our review to reflect the manufacturer's numbers on this one :)

I hope that helps!

Estimated Min Range: 48 miles (77 km)
Estimated Max Range: 108 miles (174 km)

That is a huge difference!!! I was wondering how Court comes up with his estimated max range, and what the possible reason is for the discrepancy.

The BH website range numbers are correct... you just need to understand the measurement process. ;)

See the attached chart provided by BH bikes and take a look at the various power levels and ranges.

Mixed Mode is an average of all power levels and conditions...the most realistic estimate of the real world.

Mixed Ideal Range is 105km / 65 miles and Mixed Range is 77km / 48 miles... right on the estimate from BH.

1578374415265.png

Last edited:
Back