House burns down due to exploding bike battery

Wow, that's really crazy.
My gut feeling is that it was a DIY bike with some crappy LiFePo/LiPo or no BMS whatsoever.

"In the last 16 months, we've had five of these lithium battery-type fires," Derlacki said. Bend, Oregon pop. is 80k, pretty high fire rate for that size population, right?

Yes, but its proportionally high in green-tech hipsters. Still....they usually ride fixies.

Zero details about the bike or the battery.. too bad...

Always makes me wonder if I'm doing something wrong with my bike..

Yes, but its proportionally high in green-tech hipsters. Still....they usually ride fixies.

Pff, Bend? You might be thinking of Portland - Bend's a bunch of retired folks who like to bike and ski. Haven't seen a single fixie in town, but I know a few older folks with eBikes so they can keep up on group rides.

Pff, Bend? You might be thinking of Portland - Bend's a bunch of retired folks who like to bike and ski. Haven't seen a single fixie in town, but I know a few older folks with eBikes so they can keep up on group rides.[/QUOTE

I ride a fixie/single speed in flat Florida.. Can't see riding one on Oregon, unless it's out East where it's much flatter.

Back