Hitch Bike Rack

Moonkitty

I know this has been discussed quite a bit and I've read the posts but a lot are older and have items that are either sold out or unavailable.

I'm looking at 4 different ones and have looked into others. We have 2 XP ST's. We have a minivan and looked at cargo carriers first and putting one on there and one inside van in their totes but we go to Florida for the winter and have 2 old dogs and all our stuff so it makes more sense to use a hitch rack to save inside space. Have had the 2" hitch installed.

A friend has this Rambo for their motorhome and/or car and really likes it, I can't find out how much it actually weighs and am waiting to hear back:

Everyone seems to love this one, the KAC:

Someone here posted about the Fultyme but I can't find that many reviews, the price is cheap, I can always return to Walmart easily enough if I don't like it:

Some posted about Swagman, I found it on etrailer:

The Hollywood ones I see on etrailer.com all seem to be rated for bikes up to 45-50 lbs. Vibrelli V70 is sold out.
They all seem good and all around same price except for Fultyme. Anyone have any likes/dislikes for these or can recommend one over another?
Thanks!

Hollywood also has eBike rated racks for heavier bikes. I highly recommend them for the price.

Looks like they are sold out on their site. Might be able to find stock somewhere else.

I'm finding a lot of accessories for the ebikes are sold out. Its a hot commodity during the pandemic.

I know this has been discussed quite a bit and I've read the posts but a lot are older and have items that are either sold out or unavailable.

I'm looking at 4 different ones and have looked into others. We have 2 XP ST's. We have a minivan and looked at cargo carriers first and putting one on there and one inside van in their totes but we go to Florida for the winter and have 2 old dogs and all our stuff so it makes more sense to use a hitch rack to save inside space. Have had the 2" hitch installed.

A friend has this Rambo for their motorhome and/or car and really likes it, I can't find out how much it actually weighs and am waiting to hear back:

Everyone seems to love this one, the KAC:

Someone here posted about the Fultyme but I can't find that many reviews, the price is cheap, I can always return to Walmart easily enough if I don't like it:

Some posted about Swagman, I found it on etrailer:

The Hollywood ones I see on etrailer.com all seem to be rated for bikes up to 45-50 lbs. Vibrelli V70 is sold out.
They all seem good and all around same price except for Fultyme. Anyone have any likes/dislikes for these or can recommend one over another?
Thanks!
Will hold 2 bikes and under $100.00 holds 500 lbs. takes a little modification to make it fit perfect

I really like our Hollywood SE2 rated for 2 ebikes...60 lbs each.
BB5CAC42-437D-4864-B869-A2ADD95035DE.jpeg

UPDATE: We tried the Fultyme but just could not get it to work for our ST's where we felt comfortable driving over 1000 miles one way. We tried it with the pool noodles but the derailleur hit the back tire guard. We also didn't like the way the arm held the tire on, one worked and the other wouldn't even go near so no use. We ended up returning it after fussing for a few hours to get it to work. Now YMMV, we are a bit handy but definitely not as much as some of you are. I know the Fultyme worked for many and it was a nice bike rack for a larger bike.

We ended up buying the Rambo bike rack from Scheels, it was 349 plus 10 shipping minus 75 if you opened a credit card so a total of 284, a bit over twice as much Fultyme. But what a difference! Definitely worth the price. This bike rack is so well built, the bikes are so secure on this rack. We put it together, put the bikes on and no need for pool noodles, tons of bungees or velcro's. It tilts down easily and sturdily so we can open our rear hatch. The arm is adjustable to hold the front tire as is the rear tire holder. And the whole things folds up and out of the way. It's also rated for 145 lbs. We also bought a Pro Bike Tool traveling cover on Amazon and we feel so much better knowing our bikes are safe and secure.
I'll post a few pics and the link https://www.scheels.com/p/rambo-fat-tire-bike-hitch-rack/81615301447.html#q=rambo+bike+rack&lang=en_US&start=1

This is just what we ended up doing. A little bit of tweaking with the cover and now we need to test going down the road 65 or more mph. Then we'll really know.

Attachments

• PXL_20201113_204436449.jpg
    PXL_20201113_204436449.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 663
  • PXL_20201113_204634215.jpg
    PXL_20201113_204634215.jpg
    676.4 KB · Views: 708
  • PXL_20201113_205223599.jpg
    PXL_20201113_205223599.jpg
    384.1 KB · Views: 613
  • PXL_20201113_205300595.jpg
    PXL_20201113_205300595.jpg
    335.2 KB · Views: 663
  • PXL_20201113_212436158.jpg
    PXL_20201113_212436158.jpg
    521.6 KB · Views: 771
  • PXL_20201113_213514491.jpg
    PXL_20201113_213514491.jpg
    365.5 KB · Views: 664
UPDATE: We tried the Fultyme but just could not get it to work for our ST's where we felt comfortable driving over 1000 miles one way. We tried it with the pool noodles but the derailleur hit the back tire guard. We also didn't like the way the arm held the tire on, one worked and the other wouldn't even go near so no use. We ended up returning it after fussing for a few hours to get it to work. Now YMMV, we are a bit handy but definitely not as much as some of you are. I know the Fultyme worked for many and it was a nice bike rack for a larger bike.

We ended up buying the Rambo bike rack from Scheels, it was 349 plus 10 shipping minus 75 if you opened a credit card so a total of 284, a bit over twice as much Fultyme. But what a difference! Definitely worth the price. This bike rack is so well built, the bikes are so secure on this rack. We put it together, put the bikes on and no need for pool noodles, tons of bungees or velcro's. It tilts down easily and sturdily so we can open our rear hatch. The arm is adjustable to hold the front tire as is the rear tire holder. And the whole things folds up and out of the way. It's also rated for 145 lbs. We also bought a Pro Bike Tool traveling cover on Amazon and we feel so much better knowing our bikes are safe and secure.
I'll post a few pics and the link https://www.scheels.com/p/rambo-fat-tire-bike-hitch-rack/81615301447.html#q=rambo+bike+rack&lang=en_US&start=1

This is just what we ended up doing. A little bit of tweaking with the cover and now we need to test going down the road 65 or more mph. Then we'll really know.
I am looking at bike racks for electric bikes. Not sure if a Rambo rack like yours will work with the bike I might buy that has fenders. Your pictures look nice that show your tire clamp in relation to your bike's fender. Can you give more feedback on how well this rack is working with your bikes?

What are ST's?

I will post a review on the Walmart bike rack above. It should be here next week...
Well, the bikes fit great on the Walmart rack, but because we had to use an extender, it bowed too much and rode too low. I need to find a 1.25 inch hitch as opposed to 2inch. Oh well...

Attachments

• XP hitch.jpg
    XP hitch.jpg
    364 KB · Views: 567
Well, the bikes fit great on the Walmart rack, but because we had to use an extender, it bowed too much and rode too low. I need to find a 1.25 inch hitch as opposed to 2inch. Oh well...
Why an extender? You’re getting a 1.25” vs a 2”? I’m confused.

Back