Hidden wire brake sensor types

tomjasz

Region
USA
City
Minnesnowta
I helped a fellow doing eBke conversions a few times. Recently he found and purchased a

Electric Bike MS-BK-ES Brake Sensor

Screen Shot 2023-02-21 at 12.18.36 PM.png

We're wondering why the slot when the cable needs threading through the ferrule like the original design a decade ago?!?!
Both designs require threading the cable. Minutia I guess, but a curiosity.

Screen Shot 2023-02-21 at 12.29.31 PM.png

You run the wire thru it, right? The slot would allow you to remove and replace the sensor without having to disassemble the brakes. You'd have to leave that ferrule on, but you could take the sensor off and on (maybe in case of failure and a need to replace).

EDIT: watch the install video on the Amazon page. Start at 1:00 in. Its for an install on an existing assembled bike.

Last edited:
You run the wire thru it, right? The slot would allow you to remove and replace the sensor without having to disassemble the brakes. You'd have to leave that ferrule on, but you could take the sensor off and on (maybe in case of failure and a need to replace).

EDIT: watch the install video on the Amazon page. Start at 1:00 in. Its for an install on an existing assembled bike.
Yes watched it. But the magnet isn't replaceable. In both cases, the cable is threaded through. SO! Why the slot?

In the video, he didn't use the ferrule.
He just slipped the sensor over the wire.
Maybe you don't have to use the ferrule?

Seems like one of those parts that is included to be more universal. Especially because it states, "choose to install according to the actual situation.". Strange that the waterplug has 3 pins and the sm plug has 2 pins.

Strange that the waterplug has 3 pins and the sm plug has 2 pins.

Maybe it's the standard sensor connector where it could connect to a hall sensor.

My Higo waterproof headlight connector has 3 pins too, but only uses 2 of the pins.

It was suggested that the light plug has three pins to accommodate a brake light if equipped.

20230106_131309.jpg

Last edited:
Back