Hi, senior from Denver!!

Hi Jolo!
I was worried about finding a bike that would fit me as well. I'm 5'5. I went with the Ride1up 500 XR and it fits me just fine. They have step through bikes that will fit people down to 5'1.
I've bought 2 bikes online and both have been perfect. Just do what you're doing, research and read reviews. Definitely check out Ride1up. Just don't give up!

Hi Jolo!
I was worried about finding a bike that would fit me as well. I'm 5'5. I went with the Ride1up 500 XR and it fits me just fine. They have step through bikes that will fit people down to 5'1.
I've bought 2 bikes online and both have been perfect. Just do what you're doing, research and read reviews. Definitely check out Ride1up. Just don't give up!
I was going to only consider getting an e-bike from a local at dealer until looking at the Ride1UP. I'm looking at the 700 series. It seems like a $3000 e-bike and has very attractive creature features. Certainly would need the power at times with them high altitude and hills here in Colorado.
I am concerned about the sizing on it for me, especially since I can't test to ride it in or see it in person.
I also saw that there is a large E-bike store pretty near me that is authorized to do repairs on it.

Jon

I was going to only consider getting an e-bike from a local at dealer until looking at the Ride1UP. I'm looking at the 700 series. It seems like a $3000 e-bike and has very attractive creature features. Certainly would need the power at times with them high altitude and hills here in Colorado.
I am concerned about the sizing on it for me, especially since I can't test to ride it in or see it in person.
I also saw that there is a large E-bike store pretty near me that is authorized to do repairs on it.

Jon
I was very close to buying the 700 ST but I wanted it in gunmetal gray and those weren't available until late August. I am extremely happy with my 500. I really think the 700 ST is the way for you to go.

I was very close to buying the 700 ST but I wanted it in gunmetal gray and those weren't available until late August. I am extremely happy with my 500. I really think the 700 ST is the way for you to go.
You should join the Ride1up group on Facebook, it's such a great community!

There is an issue that I have to check. It has to do with all purpose trails in Colorado. They don't allow class 3 rated e-bikes on it. Apparently the 700 is a class 3 e-bike because the pedal assist can help up to 28mph. So, it can only go on streets and bike lanes. Ugh. Have to research this more.

There is an issue that I have to check. It has to do with all purpose trails in Colorado. They don't allow class 3 rated e-bikes on it. Apparently the 700 is a class 3 e-bike because the pedal assist can help up to 28mph. So, it can only go on streets and bike lanes. Ugh. Have to research this more.
Yes, I have a 700, and it's class 3. It even says class 3 on the emblem on the front. An alternative similarly price step through bike that is popular among some members of this forum that is class 2 is the Espin Flow. 5'3" is listed as the low end of the rider height.

The Aventon Pace 350 has a smaller frame option for shorter riders (minimum listed 4'11"), has a top speed of 20 mph, and Aventon is sold at some LBS's.

Hi Jolo!
I just spoke to Ride1UP. They told me that the 700ST is rated at 5'0". It seems a very good value but I'm concerned about support.
My call to them was outsourced to a off-shore Philippines company. Didn't give me a lot of confidence on the support front.

I am would have it assembled at E-bikes USA if I get it.
I was looking at their car rack as well.

Jon

I just spoke to Ride1UP. They told me that the 700ST is rated at 5'0". It seems a very good value but I'm concerned about support.
My call to them was outsourced to a off-shore Philippines company. Didn't give me a lot of confidence on the support front.
The height range is clearly specific on the website. You should review the specs there rather than calling support. They might have outsourced your question because it was a basic spec request that is clearly shown on their website. But, inseam plays a role as well. I've never heard of anyone reporting the support being outsourced. In fact, the owner even responds to questions in the Ride1Up ebike owner's group on FB. It seems like the most common complaint is that it might take multiple days to get a response via email, so it could take a while of back and forth before you get a replacement part sent. Having a backup bike is a good idea with any brand of ebike. I've heard of owners of name brand bikes waiting a long time for repairs after paying thousands of dollars for their bikes.

But as mentioned, it's a Class 3 bike. It sounded like you didn't want class 3.

The height range is clearly specific on the website. You should review the specs there rather than calling support. They might have outsourced your question because it was a basic spec request that is clearly shown on their website. But, inseam plays a role as well. I've never heard of anyone reporting the support being outsourced. In fact, the owner even responds to questions in the Ride1Up ebike owner's group on FB. It seems like the most common complaint is that it might take multiple days to get a response via email, so it could take a while of back and forth before you get a replacement part sent. Having a backup bike is a good idea with any brand of ebike. I've heard of owners of name brand bikes waiting a long time for repairs after paying thousands of dollars for their bikes.

Shame on you.

Shame on you. You think I'm lying? I called their number for sales, the one on their web site. Is it okay for us to call Ride1Up sales?
It was obvious that the person I was speaking to was offshore. At the end, I asked him where he was while speaking to me. He said, the Philippines after he told me that the company is in San Diego.
Whether that is good or bad is up to you, but don't get angry at me for telling the truth.
I did get some good information and wasn't at all disrespectful. I do think that it is good to know about the outsourcing of calls.
And yes, I'm trying to understand the Colorado laws about Class 2 and 3. I heard from the largest E-bike store in the state that "as long as you don't speed, no one will bother you". That's in reference to class 3 e-bikes being on multi purpose trails in the state. The law states in Colorado that they can only ride on the road, like a motorcycle. The law is new and controversial.
I really want a class 3 e-bike, which the Ride1Up is in the 500 and 700.

Shame on you. You think I'm lying? I called their number for sales, the one on their web site. Is it okay for us to call Ride1Up sales?
It was obvious that the person I was speaking to was offshore. At the end, I asked him where he was while speaking to me. He said, the Philippines after he told me that the company is in San Diego.
Whether that is good or bad is up to you, but don't get angry at me for telling the truth.
I did get some good information and wasn't at all disrespectful. I do think that it is good to know about the outsourcing of calls.
And yes, I'm trying to understand the Colorado laws about Class 2 and 3. I heard from the largest E-bike store in the state that "as long as you don't speed, no one will bother you". That's in reference to class 3 e-bikes being on multi purpose trails in the state. The law states in Colorado that they can only ride on the road, like a motorcycle. The law is new and controversial.
I really want a class 3 e-bike, which the Ride1Up is in the 500 and 700.
??? Shame on me? I was never angry, and I never said you were lying. I even gave a reason for why they might have outsourced your question, so that doesn't mesh with thinking you were lying. I was otherwise just providing you with what I've been hearing over more than a year of following customer feedback from Ride1Up riders. Maybe this is something new. But if so, remember that huge multi-billion dollar companies with top notch products even do it. Of course, that was a sales number. I think most of us just go to the website and order there. For technical support, they have a form to contact them rather than calling, which gets you in touch with the US support team, so that should never be an issue.

All the Ride1Up bikes are class 3. The Core-5 is another popular choice, which is even less expensive than the 500.

Last edited:
Check out the KAC (Kick Ass Carriers) rack from Amazon. Sells for about $450. I have one, and find it very satisfactory. My bike weighs over 60 lbs, esp. with the gear I've hung on it.

Back