Hi from Washington DC...any other e-bikers in the area?

PaulEbike

Hey EBR community, I'm about to enter the electric bike world. I've ordered an Ecotric 20" and it should arrive in the next few days. I'll look for other Ecotric riders on here and post about my experience setting it up.

Also, if there are any other ebike meetups/events in the Washington DC area, I'm interested to join.

See you all around!

-Paul

Hi Paul, join WABA, 10% LBS parts discount, loads of local events, they're happy for ebikes taking part in their training classes (you may be asked to turn off your motor for some of the practice drills), and their advocacy position is pro-ebike.

I grew up in Bethesda, now live in Mount Airy so semi-local. Got my first ebike in April, already ridden over 300 kilometers and didn't expect that to happen. You will love the experience.

I am in Falls Church ,ride over to Ga Ave up to Sunshine and then down New Hampshire to Randolph back to GA , to University to Conn to Jones Bridge to Bethesda, to Capital Crecent trail to Gtown to Rosslyn to home. Or go out the W&OD or go out the C&O ...many places to ride . I go almost anywhere i would on a reg bike. Couple people say cheating or no ebikes , just stop and take a break so they and their egos can get going again and start back up. I have over 20,000 miles on my bike about to replace it

went BCC high school in the 70's

I am in Falls Church ,ride over to Ga Ave up to Sunshine and then down New Hampshire to Randolph back to GA , to University to Conn to Jones Bridge to Bethesda, to Capital Crecent trail to Gtown to Rosslyn to home. Or go out the W&OD or go out the C&O ...many places to ride . I go almost anywhere i would on a reg bike. Couple people say cheating or no ebikes , just stop and take a break so they and their egos can get going again and start back up. I have over 20,000 miles on my bike about to replace it

went BCC high school in the 70's

Man you are braver than I am to travel on those roads. I"m impressed with how far you go, my battery alone won't make that route. I've been trying all the local trails but the C&O towpath is still my favorite place to ride, that's where I went with my traditional bike.

I went to Walter Johnson, Class of '77

I was traveling with 2 blue and 1 gold, Ga ave has plenty of room to ride. I dropped a blue :( recently

Back