Hi from Ontario Canada

ebnewbie

Region
Canada
Looking at buying my first Ebike. I would appreciate any comments about the Rize Leisure Step with knobbly fat tires.

Hello, from Vancouver Island.
I don't know what your budget is, but I'd recommend Zen bikes, which are produced by a company in Halifax.
The company looks to produce quality products at reasonable prices and shipping across Canada is free.
I have no affiliation with this company, but I am thinking of buying one of their step-through base model bikes for my wife.
Check them out at: zenebikes.com

Welcome to the forum, I have a Zen and I can highly recommend them. Where abouts in Ontario are you ?

Welcome to the forum, I have a Zen and I can highly recommend them. Where abouts in Ontario are you ?
Thanks Zeacon and Brad. I have checked out the Zen Bikes. They seem to have only two models, Samurai (too expensive for me) and the Saral. The specs left me a bit confused, when I try to compare the bikes to other brands, such as, the Rize Leisure, for example. The main drawback for me is the pedal assist only motor, as I am 78 with bad knees who is looking at throttle biking. Thanks for your input
Paul from Brockville, Ontario

Zen is bringing out a new model called the Shakti. It will come with a regular frame or step-through. There will be two drive trains available. One will have a hub motor and derailleur and the other will have a mid-mounted motor and belt drive/hub shifting.
The bike will also come with a throttle.
If you're interested pm the owner Ravi Kempaiah.

Thanks Zeacon and Brad. I have checked out the Zen Bikes. They seem to have only two models, Samurai (too expensive for me) and the Saral. The specs left me a bit confused, when I try to compare the bikes to other brands, such as, the Rize Leisure, for example. The main drawback for me is the pedal assist only motor, as I am 78 with bad knees who is looking at throttle biking. Thanks for your input
Paul from Brockville, Ontario

Just replied to your email. Thanks for reaching out.

Zen is bringing out a new model called the Shakti. It will come with a regular frame or step-through. There will be two drive trains available. One will have a hub motor and derailleur and the other will have a mid-mounted motor and belt drive/hub shifting.
The bike will also come with a throttle.
If you're interested pm the owner Ravi Kempaiah.
Hi Deacon,
Thank you very much for the added info about Shakti, as it does not come up on their website. I have exchanged emails with Ravi and expecting a follow up from him. Thanks again.
Paul

Back