Hi from Finger Lakes

Bigdave4435

Hello from the Finger Lakes. I am new to this site and just wanted to say hi. I bought my first ebike a few months ago, it is an Aventon Level so if any one has some advice and or warnings please feel free to let me know! Thanks

Welcome!
Lots of Aventon riders hang out here. In case you didn’t know about the Aventon specific forum:

Happy to have you Bigdave. I have thePace 500 and in my second year with about 1400 miles. Beside one rear flat, my odometer reset to 0 after 1,300 miles. Others on this site have experienced it as well, but it didn’t affect the bikes performance. I’ve test ridden the Level and it’s fine performer. I only wish it had been available last year. For $200. more than the Pace 500, it’s a great bargain. The thing that I dislike about the Aventon is that it does not have throttle on demand and when you power on, and start to peddle, it jolts forward and gets up to 12 mph very fast. You will get used to it. If other cyclists or people are close by, just power down to 0 assist. It is an extremely easy bike to pedal without power. When coming to a stop, make sure that you lower your speed lever down to 1,2 or 3. This way when starting up it will be easy to pedal. It will take a little getting used to, but I think you made a wise choice, and beside the people at Aventon are excellent to deal with. Good luck and ride safe.

Hello from the Finger Lakes. I am new to this site and just wanted to say hi. I bought my first ebike a few months ago, it is an Aventon Level so if any one has some advice and or warnings please feel free to let me know! Thanks
Took my non electric Specialized road bike up to the Finger Lakes for a week this past summer. Beautiful up there. Waiting on my Yamaha Cross Core to be delivered from the dealer which I am hoping to get back to Finger Lakes next summer with. Found a bar/ restaurant called the Switz, biked there every day. Can't wait to get back, but this time with a little assistance from the Yamaha engine..😊😊

Welcome!
Lots of Aventon riders hang out here. In case you didn’t know about the Aventon specific forum:
Thanks

Happy to have you Bigdave. I have thePace 500 and in my second year with about 1400 miles. Beside one rear flat, my odometer reset to 0 after 1,300 miles. Others on this site have experienced it as well, but it didn’t affect the bikes performance. I’ve test ridden the Level and it’s fine performer. I only wish it had been available last year. For $200. more than the Pace 500, it’s a great bargain. The thing that I dislike about the Aventon is that it does not have throttle on demand and when you power on, and start to peddle, it jolts forward and gets up to 12 mph very fast. You will get used to it. If other cyclists or people are close by, just power down to 0 assist. It is an extremely easy bike to pedal without power. When coming to a stop, make sure that you lower your speed lever down to 1,2 or 3. This way when starting up it will be easy to pedal. It will take a little getting used to, but I think you made a wise choice, and beside the people at Aventon are excellent to deal with. Good luck and ride safe.
About all I have to complain about is that the bike is to fast in first setting and the horrible odometer mileage way off!

Hi Bigdave, I haven’t heard anyone complain about the odometer mileage being way off. Keep an eye on it and if that’s the case, bring it to the attention of the retailer you purchased it from or contact Aventon directly and let them know about it. The Aventon people are excellent to their customers. Good luck

About all I have to complain about is that the bike is to fast in first setting and the horrible odometer mileage way off!
Many e-bike displays have an adjustment for different wheel / tire sizes. Perhaps the solution is a simple programming adjustment. If there is nothing in the bike instructions, ask your dealer.

BTW, welcome to the forum! I frequently ride a couple of great trails not too far from your location. The Pine Creek Trail near Wellsboro, PA., an hour south and the Erie Canalway, 45 minutes north, are both great rides!

Last edited:
Back