Hi all, Ricky from Glasgow, Just wanted to say I have taken the plunge and bought the Newgen 345-S model.

Villaricardo1

Region
United Kingdom
I habe had a couple of issues alreday! The fenders (mudguards) nought direct from Newgen do not fit or work as wrong design and damaged my bike and left me with no steering on braking! Very dangerous thought I was coming off the bike at on point. The guard hit the frame on braking as it has suspention forks on the front and hit the guards on compression. How this was missed in production I don't know! They where taken off as unsafe to ride with.But I would also like to ask. The battery pack I was supplied is dated 05/2021 I have been informed that a pack should be Max 6 months old when supplyed with new bike! Also the range I managed 12 miles before recharge!!!40 to 50 miles claimed. Mostly peddle assist level 3 to 5 with occasional throttle use only for myself. Does any one else have real world milage on this model? Theses issues are still on going so will report back if and when fixed by Newgen. Thanks Ricky. I tried to upload video but could not sorry.

Attachments

• 20220401_131142.jpg
    20220401_131142.jpg
    469.7 KB · Views: 159
  • 20220401_131034.jpg
    20220401_131034.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 156
  • 20220401_131041.jpg
    20220401_131041.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 155
  • 20220401_030746.jpg
    20220401_030746.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 151
Hi Ricky, Good to discover the mudguard problem when you did, as you say an oversight, doesn’t speak well to their testing if any. The battery range sounds too low though for a 576wh battery, 40 miles should be doable on a Bafang 250w geared hub motor, even riding in hilly Glasgow. Hopefully the company will do the right thing and replace the battery as presumably it is still within warranty, keep posting here your customer service experience. But after you explain what went wrong and how you would like them to right it, if they give you the brush off or do not offer to replace your battery, if it is within the NewGen return period I would initiate a return, or if it is after that time and you bought the bike on your credit card I would suggest initiating a Section 75 claim or chargeback because the performance range is not as advertised.

Last edited:
Hi Ricky, Good to discover the mudguard problem when you did, as you say an oversight, doesn’t speak well to their testing if any. The battery range sounds too low though for a 576wh battery, 40 miles should be doable even riding in hilly Glasgow. Hopefully the company will do the right thing and replace the battery as presumably it is still within warranty, keep posting here your customer service experience.
Hi, Yeah the mudguard issue could have ended badly for myself if I was traveling at speed before I used the brakes! I have been intouch with a YouTube reviewer he has review this model a few days ago and told me he only achieved 20 miles but he was level 5 and throttle only off road! When I receved the bike I had to have the back tire reseated as felt like it was buckeled and had the brake disks adjusted as rubbing easy fixes but still took time to sort out. I'm waiting on a replacement bracket for back guard as the bracket I was supplied was damaged! 2 week wait. I have found a quick fix for front guard for rainy Glasgow for now. This is the design that should be for this model with suspention on fron wheel as pleanty of clearence even will on full compression. I will attach some pics. £15 amazon! I will defo keep you updated with customer service regarding guards and battery. I should here back Tomorow from Newgen technical Team. Yeah I only receved the bike last Tuesday so hopefully be resolved ASAP!

Attachments

• 20220403_134051.jpg
    20220403_134051.jpg
    439.1 KB · Views: 150
  • 20220403_134037.jpg
    20220403_134037.jpg
    406.1 KB · Views: 143
After a battery is assembled and tested, the cells should be taken to the shipping voltage (often a legal requirement for carriers). They'll last for months at this voltage, with no harm to battery, It may be that your first charge wasn't a full charge, See what your second ride gives on power consumption.

Is the suspension using air forks, and did they put enough pressure into them? I'd ask the same about tire pressure.

Hi,
The first charge was 6 hours before I took it out and 5 hours for its last charge. I have taken it a short ride to work this evening 1.5 miles mostly downhill and lost 22% battery power! I will see what I use on way home mostly uphill. Using power assist level 5. As for the forks I'm not sure I will need to ask Newgen that but they do adjust and would only work with mudguards if locked in place but that makes no sence to do!
I will see what Newgen technical team come back with tomorrow as they where all off on Friday!!

Regards
Ricky.

Back