Hey to everyone.

Michael123

Region
Europe
Thank you for accepting me, glad I found this place. It is so rare to see a forum that actually survived Facebook and etc. these days and even more so that is active.

I am retired, 51 years old, early due to back issues, and want something that can keep me a bit active, so i just bought an Accolmile Cola Bear 750w with mid Bafang motor. I haven't tried it yet, as we got a bit snow so they salted the roads here. And i am some what reluctant to start with salt everywhere on a brand new ebike. I haven't really been biking much, but did all the time when i was young.

I hope that the weather turns to plus again soon so i can go on my first test ride. I didn't really consider the weather or if a mid motor was a bad discission this time of year, hope i can do some driving around occasionally still.

Would it be a good idea to coat the bike with some rust preventing?

Any tips is more than welcome.

Welcome to the site & the electric bike hobby.
I like this site. They don't require my credit information to participate the way facbook & twitter do. I will never give out my birthdate on the internet.
Court has not reviewed an Accolmile bike, so I have no knowledge if your frame is aluminum or steel. I waxed my new aluminum bike with a good car wax. It is aluminum so it obviously won't rust but the wax preserved the paint somewhat.
Do wax, then oil all the steel parts. Bolts, nuts, steering column, seat column, struts, chain, shifter & brake cables, shifter pivots & axles, sprockets etc. I used a high grade car wax.
I oil biweekly as it rains a lot here and I ride my bike year round for shopping, meetings, errands, all use. I use non-detergent sus68 oil, aka tractor hydraulic oil (non-brand compliant) Type F or A auto transmission fluid (not dexron or mercon compatible) Air tool oil, or 3 in 1 oil or marvel mystery oil (very expensive). I use a pump oiler and do the oiling on concrete to not damage the grass or foliage. Turn upside down & oil crank through the hole and set on side to oil pedal bearings bi-anually. Watch your display if any; I deleted mine to turn the bike over for repairs.
Your mid drive should be capable of cooling properly in a climb of the Alps. However ground force at stall depends on wheel size and whether your sprocket set multiples torque (rare) or speed (usual) in the lowest ratio. .

Last edited:
Thank you for accepting me, glad I found this place. It is so rare to see a forum that actually survived Facebook and etc. these days and even more so that is active.

I am retired, 51 years old, early due to back issues, and want something that can keep me a bit active, so i just bought an Accolmile Cola Bear 750w with mid Bafang motor. I haven't tried it yet, as we got a bit snow so they salted the roads here. And i am some what reluctant to start with salt everywhere on a brand new ebike. I haven't really been biking much, but did all the time when i was young.

I hope that the weather turns to plus again soon so i can go on my first test ride. I didn't really consider the weather or if a mid motor was a bad discission this time of year, hope i can do some driving around occasionally still.

Would it be a good idea to coat the bike with some rust preventing?

Any tips is more than welcome.
May I suggest you find a parking lot to practice before you hit the road.

Welcome to the site & the electric bike hobby.
I like this site. They don't require my credit information to participate the way facbook & twitter do. I will never give out my birthdate on the internet.
Court has not reviewed an Accolmile bike, so I have no knowledge if your frame is aluminum or steel. I waxed my new aluminum bike with a good car wax. It is aluminum so it obviously won't rust but the wax preserved the paint somewhat.
Do wax, then oil all the steel parts. Bolts, nuts, steering column, seat column, struts, chain, shifter & brake cables, shifter pivots & axles, sprockets etc. I used a high grade car wax.
I oil biweekly as it rains a lot here and I ride my bike year round for shopping, meetings, errands, all use. I use non-detergent sus68 oil, aka tractor hydraulic oil (non-brand compliant) Type F or A auto transmission fluid (not dexron or mercon compatible) Air tool oil, or 3 in 1 oil or marvel mystery oil (very expensive). I use a pump oiler and do the oiling on concrete to not damage the grass or foliage. Turn upside down & oil crank through the hole and set on side to oil pedal bearings bi-anually. Watch your display if any; I deleted mine to turn the bike over for repairs.
Your mid drive should be capable of cooling properly in a climb of the Alps. However ground force at stall depends on wheel size and whether your sprocket set multiples torque (rare) or speed (usual) in the lowest ratio. .
Thank you.

Yeah i miss the good forums that i used to browse and learn from, but they are all gone now. And it is a shame because so much great knowledge is lost with it as well...

I actually ordered the XCP Rust Blocker Clear Coat, i hope thats enough. I just dont know how well the painted parts like it.
I did order it for the torque because we have a few steeper hills in my area, but also because it was mid drive as i undestood it was the better option for my use.

May I suggest you find a parking lot to practice before you hit the road.
Thanks, but no need. I live in the country outside cities, and not many people pass by here. Theres a bike lane at the end of our gravel road where not many pass so it should be fine for a little practice.

Back