Hey now! I've just acquired a DJ mountain bike. Sweet!

Fort Ord

So after much consideration, I've purchased a DJ mountain bike, which got delivered two days ago. So far so good. I'm impressed with the construction, and the ease of which I assembled the thing from its ship-in condition. My bike has a 750 watt Bafang hub motor (with a claimed peak output of 1000 watts). I live on what used to be Fort Ord, and there's a lot to be said for an ebike here.

Of course, I want the thing to go faster. I've done the bit with the King Meter J-LCD, increasing max speed to 40KMH, and changing the wheel size indicator down to 16". Any suggestions as to hacks I can use to get the speed up? I'd appreciate it.

Congrats on your new ride and welcome to EBR... is this the model you purchased?

Hi, It looks the same but the one I got has a 750W hub motor. Fun machine!

I think you are referring to the peak power rating... ;)
Click here to learn more about Ebike motors from EBR.

MOTOR BRAND: Bafang
MOTOR TYPE: Rear-Mounted Geared Hub
MOTOR NOMINAL OUTPUT: 500 watts
MOTOR PEAK OUTPUT: 750 watts

MOTOR TORQUE:65 Newton meters
BATTERY BRAND: Panasonic
BATTERY VOLTAGE: 48 volts
BATTERY AMP HOURS:13 ah
BATTERY WATT HOURS: 624 wh
BATTERY CHEMISTRY: Lithium-ion
CHARGE TIME: 5 hours
ESTIMATED MIN RANGE: 20 miles (32 km)
ESTIMATED MAX RANGE: 35 miles (56 km)

Hi,

There is a DJ bikes forum on here, just not many posts in it. I also have a DJ MTB, but the 2018 model which has a few component differences. Still love the bike, it has 2400km on it now. I just use it one weekends mostly for exploring. I have the 40km max set, but left the wheel size alone. I have 3 batteries for mine as i often go on long trips needing 2 batteries, and nice not to have to wait for charging. I was planing on some 3 battery trips, but it has not happened yet.

I now have a Juiced RCS as well, and really like it. It does not replace my DJ MTB though for various reasons, which i might cover some of in my RCS review soon. Only just over 600km on the RCS, and almost ready for my initial review.

Enjoy your bike, i think as you use it you will love it even more. The basic and flexible components are easy to maintain and are tough. It's a heavy bike and i've taken it screaming on trails filled with rocks and roots and it has survived so much i never would have expected as we found ourselves on narrow hiking trails.

Last edited:
I think you are referring to the peak power rating... ;)
Click here to learn more about Ebike motors from EBR.

MOTOR BRAND: Bafang
MOTOR TYPE: Rear-Mounted Geared Hub
MOTOR NOMINAL OUTPUT: 500 watts
MOTOR PEAK OUTPUT: 750 watts

MOTOR TORQUE:65 Newton meters
BATTERY BRAND: Panasonic
BATTERY VOLTAGE: 48 volts
BATTERY AMP HOURS:13 ah
BATTERY WATT HOURS: 624 wh
BATTERY CHEMISTRY: Lithium-ion
CHARGE TIME: 5 hours
ESTIMATED MIN RANGE: 20 miles (32 km)
ESTIMATED MAX RANGE: 35 miles (56 km)
Hm. Unless Daniel Yang and the company's website are lying to me, this year's model is 750Watts, with a peak of 1KW.

The powerful 48V LG battery can be dismounted and charged anywhere on the go. The charger has a safety design to prevent over-charged. Enjoy scenery without sweating while saving money is the best combination. You can get them all on this zero-emission DJ Bikes.

This is the best value buy in the range of 750W & 48V ebikes.

Hm. Unless Daniel Yang and the company's website are lying to me, this year's model is 750Watts, with a peak of 1KW.

The powerful 48V LG battery can be dismounted and charged anywhere on the go. The charger has a safety design to prevent over-charged. Enjoy scenery without sweating while saving money is the best combination. You can get them all on this zero-emission DJ Bikes.

This is the best value buy in the range of 750W & 48V ebikes.

You could be right, but it is very hard to tell the true rating of many hub motors... buyer beware. ;)
Court also reviewed the DJ City bike on EBR and it has the same 500W nominal, 750W peak rating.

So after much consideration, I've purchased a DJ mountain bike, which got delivered two days ago. So far so good. I'm impressed with the construction, and the ease of which I assembled the thing from its ship-in condition. My bike has a 750 watt Bafang hub motor (with a claimed peak output of 1000 watts). I live on what used to be Fort Ord, and there's a lot to be said for an ebike here.

Of course, I want the thing to go faster. I've done the bit with the King Meter J-LCD, increasing max speed to 40KMH, and changing the wheel size indicator down to 16". Any suggestions as to hacks I can use to get the speed up? I'd appreciate it.

BTW, how do you like the trails out at Fort Ord? I trained on their rifle ranges back in the day.

Are you prior-service? I got out as an O3 and really have to come down to check out the trails this summer.

Back