Help with diy setup

Gibbz

Region
Australia
I have a kt controller, eggrider V2 and a 1500w motor and battery.

I'm trying to wire up the correct phase wires and hall wires. I've gone through all 36 combinations of wiring. There are 3 'good' combinations.

My problems comes with all of the 3 good combinations lose power after 10 seconds or so. if I release the throttle and press in in again, the motor continues to go well for another 10 or so seconds... The same issue every time.

I am assuming this is an issue with the controller? Is this right?

I've tested the battery on another bike, throttle tested fine and motor tested fine on a tester.

Any ideas?

I have a kt controller, eggrider V2 and a 1500w motor and battery.

I'm trying to wire up the correct phase wires and hall wires. I've gone through all 36 combinations of wiring. There are 3 'good' combinations.

My problems comes with all of the 3 good combinations lose power after 10 seconds or so. if I release the throttle and press in in again, the motor continues to go well for another 10 or so seconds... The same issue every time.

I am assuming this is an issue with the controller? Is this right?

I've tested the battery on another bike, throttle tested fine and motor tested fine on a tester.

Any ideas?
What motor? Brand? Mid-drive? Rear hub?

What motor? Brand? Mid-drive? Rear hub?
Uumotor 1500w 12inch.
It's a front hub motor.
I've tested the motor on a cheap tester and it seems to be fine.

If the motor is too big for the controller, it will stop after 5 or 10 seconds. My 350 w motor wasn't big enough to carry me up hills. Burnt one. I had a 500 w controller. I repaired and put on a 1000 w motor that the harness shorted out in the rain. It did that, stop after 10 seconds on the 500 w controller. Had to swap phases & hall effect to get it to work at all, then 10 seconds and stop. Bought another controller, 1500 w, it worked fine after I got the wiring right,

So the controller is 1500w and the motor is 1500w. Should this be okay then still? Or I need a bigger controller?

I've ordered a larger controller. I assume it's just over current protection kicking in 🤷‍♂️

Is this 10 seconds of riding the bike or 10 seconds of spinning the motor no load?

How about if you run the KT unit without the display using a jumper? You can also do this with the same connects on the round 5 pin connector.

Jumper.jpg

Either running with no load, or while riding. It does the same.

I'm running it without the screen for testing purposes already.

Back