Help/Advice - (Ecotric) Throttle Speed is Determined by PAS???

KAM03

Region
USA
Okay, so I need some advice from real Ebike experts...

The wife wanted an electric bike so we went to Rad Power and test drove a bunch... I went home and after becoming a google novice I ordered a Folding 20" 48V 12.5AH 500W Electric FatTire from Ebay. It seemed like the specs were almost exact (besides the 750W) and the price was half.

The Difference is Rad Power has the throttle independent from the PAS system. So you can go full speed using the throttle on level 0 PAS. The Ecotric bike has the throttle tied to the level of PAS. Is there any way to change this? She prefers the way Rad Power's throttle worked?

This bike is mine, we are currently looking at ordering her one, but want to make sure it's what she is looking for.

Any Ebike advice is appreciated!
[First Post - Sorry if this is supposed to be somewhere else or if someone else asked this. I looked but couldn't find a solution]

I have a GMAC hub motor with PAS and throttle. Once, early on I screwed up the programming and got the throttle tied to the PAS level and didn't like it. Just fiddle with the programming till the throttle is independent of the PAS. It may involve a bit of trial and error, but isn't that the "fun" of owning an E-bike? Most E-bikes are pretty customizable, although the manual may not give you the answer you want.

Back