Helmet without straps?

Helmets are a safety device, part of the device are straps to keep it on your melon. There is no way around that. I think you're having a fitment issue, not a strap issue.

followers dont innovate. you would be the kind of person i would see on the street and want to give up biking ;)

moving on from you:
there is something to what i am asking and a solution can be or is already made by someone that will work. the straps are too tight and the da brim adds more pressure to the snug.
Go get a helmet fit at your lbs

I use Lumos helmet, and there are many others that have the crank type clasp on the back.
I always wear a "do-rag" under any helmet, motorcycle, bike, football, whatever. as I don't like sweat in my eyes and having a crew cut or shaved head it happens.
as stated the chin strap should be loose enough to get a finger between your chin and the strap, so it isn't choking you or rubbing, and I use the crank clasp to tighten until it is uncomfortable, then I back it of a bit.

I think you have a fitment issue, either the wrong size helmet for your head or a misunderstanding of how to fit it properly. good luck with whatever decision you make.

Last edited:
thanks for understanding what i am going for and the issues i am trying to overcome @mjeds @st0ut

i guess i should have spelled out from the get-go that i dont really want to wear helmet because it is not comfortable but i really do want to for safety and will ignore the rest of the A____________ on the site.

well it happened i rode the bike with a helmet without straps and i lived to have a happy ride guess straps arent needed. at least for that ride ;)

well it happened i rode the bike with a helmet without straps and i lived to have a happy ride guess straps arent needed. at least for that ride ;)
But did you fall? Did your head hit the ground.

Do this, Put the helmet on. Go outside onto your grass lawn, Then fall over and see if the helmet stays on your head or of your head hits the ground and the helmet comes off.

Please record it so we can see exactly what occurs.

I am not being an ass, I am being serious, find out if the helmet stays on your head when you fall from 6’ or so.

well it happened i rode the bike with a helmet without straps and i lived to have a happy ride guess straps arent needed. at least for that ride
Congratulations. Your first prototype run passed. So give it a real shake down now - do a 50er on your local freeway, contra flow. Get some video so we can all see!

i was just making a joke with y'all. Tongue-in-cheek. Bottom-line the helmet i have is terrible and the straps are ripping into my chin & beard stubble. i am still wearing it but i do need a more comfortable setup or just need to go full face helmet but i am a sweat factory so i am sure that will cause more problems.

i was just making a joke with y'all. Tongue-in-cheek. Bottom-line the helmet i have is terrible and the straps are ripping into my chin & beard stubble. i am still wearing it but i do need a more comfortable setup or just need to go full face helmet but i am a sweat factory so i am sure that will cause more problems.
A full coverage helmet is still held on your noggin with straps.

yup need to go to a bike shop and get a proper fitment.

Back