Helmet without straps?

what would be the point of no straps? the minute you fall, the helmet comes off your head. even full face helmets have straps.

Last edited:
I understand what you are saying but maybe it can be attached to a baseball hat that might not come off just wasnt sure if there was any solution without straps.

I understand what you are saying but maybe it can be attached to a baseball hat that might not come off just wasnt sure if there was any solution without straps.

if you don't have a strap under your chin, the helmet, hat, whatever will come off on impact. physics, can't get around it.

I've had baseball caps fly off from wind. It would be silly to expect it to keep a helmet on as your head bounced off the pavement! Those hits to the pavement have been simulated in test labs to be over 50g's in a sudden hard impact.

Best of luck.

Attachments

• 9EBE9E8C-53E4-4125-A442-87AF30414ED3.jpeg
    9EBE9E8C-53E4-4125-A442-87AF30414ED3.jpeg
    202.2 KB · Views: 125
If one doesn't realize that straps are necessary or that they can be loosened... Do they really have anything worth protecting? 🙃
followers dont innovate. you would be the kind of person i would see on the street and want to give up biking ;)

moving on from you:
there is something to what i am asking and a solution can be or is already made by someone that will work. the straps are too tight and the da brim adds more pressure to the snug.

head sock and velcro affixment to inside of helmet?

my heritage helmet from Thousand is fairly secure even without the straps once the dial adjuster in the back is done, this tightens the fit at the base of the skull, below it’s widest part. you’d have to determine for yourself if this is enough to hold it on in a crash or not.

head sock and velcro affixment to inside of helmet?

my heritage helmet from Thousand is fairly secure even without the straps once the dial adjuster in the back is done, this tightens the fit at the base of the skull, below it’s widest part. you’d have to determine for yourself if this is enough to hold it on in a crash or not.
thanks!!

You could ride with a baseball hat until you have an accident and crack your head open.Then after they repair your skull with some metal plates you can get a magnetic helmet.
Now that would be innovative!

Back