Hello there

Staypuft1652

New Member
Region
USA
I am a shut-in. I used to bike a good deal a few (more like 8) years back. I got an ebike now, a cheap thing. I am slowly upgrading it here or there, but only on the mechanical side as of yet, and am getting out more now. The middle upper region of the US is from where I hail. If anyone has a lead on affordable mountain style clipless shoes, please advice me, I have 3 sets of pedals I need to put to some use, the Specialized died.
 
Welcome. For shoes, you're going to want two bolt mountain/gravel shoes. Shimano, Lake, Specialized, pretty much all of the major brands have entry level shoes. Back in the day when I was racing road, and spending most of my money on travel and go-fast equipment, I bought my shoes used. Some we new and ridden once. You can find them in the usual places. For pedals, Shimano has an entry level mountain pedal, the M520 I believe, for around $50. You can also get into a set of Crank Brothers Eggbeater or Candy (my choice) pedals for the same. Again, you can save money buying used.
 
Back