Hello from Toronto

Wayn

Hello, my name is Wayn...I'm 5'7 150 lbs, 47 years old.
I am a bit overwhelmed for quite a few weeks in choosing a bike. My choices are (Volt Yukon 750), (Omego Infinite plus),( Rize Leisure) or (Leisure X), (Aventon level), (Rad Rover*) and (All terrain 750 HT) .
Please give a honest opinion... I wanted to shop Canadian bikes, my budget is approximately $2500.00....I await your reply

Last edited:
Hi Wayn

I would consider the bikes with fat tires. With the weather conditions in Toronto, a fat bike
will more safe and more usable.

Mousbah

It'll ride better too! Down side is less battery range. Nothing drastic, but worth it unless the roads/trails are in really good condition.

Much appreciated mousbah, I totally agree because of the seasons here. Now trying to decide if to buy the IGO Core Extreme 2.0, Leisure X or Rad rover 5...Its so hard for a first ebike choice

I am going for RadRunner. I like no maintenance bikes and with a single speed drivetrain it will be ideal.
If I have more money I would go for a belt with a Roholff or Pinion drive.

Much appreciated mousbah, I totally agree because of the seasons here. Now trying to decide if to buy the IGO Core Extreme 2.0, Leisure X or Rad rover 5...Its so hard for a first ebike choice

No problem at all, I am looking into buying my first ebike too. Looks like IGO extreme 2.0 is designed in Canada so probably it is a good fit for the road conditions and probably the chain won't rust. Rad bikes are very well designed too. I could not find much about Leisure X. Rad they might be able to come and assemble it for you or come to your door and provide services for you. Ask for these kind of services where once you need assistance how easy and affordable is to service the bike

The IGO extreme 2 bike has a weight around 26 kg which light relative to a fat e-bike. the leisure for instance is around 31kg it seems. You might want to consider that and the frame size too. Light weight is better in case the battery ran out and you need to pedal yourself to reach your destination .. especially uphill

Back