Hello from the UK

Superten

Hi all and thanks for the invite.

Recently purchased the Sduro fullseven 5.0 2019, I must be old I remember when they would give you a bicycle spanner with your bike, couldn't find a peddle spanner anywhere 😁

Hope to get into some trails but need to get a bit fitter first.

Got an issue so I'll post in the Haibike forum.

Welcome to the forum!

I'm old too, but I don't remember ever getting a spanner with a bike. Unless the dealer sometimes gave you some extras in lieu of a discount on the bike.

Yeah one of those flat multi bike spanners, no idea what I've done with the ones I had mind.
I do remember those but never got one WITH a bike. But in today's world I think they'd be much less useful than "back in the days". Most bolts on bikes these days require an Allen Key. And the wheels are most often quick release.

True, but sods law, I couldn't find a spanner for the pedal 😁
Most pedals today have an Allen Key hole on the inside side (facing the bike) which is used to install or remove the pedals. It's rarer and rarer that a pedal only has a spot for a spanner on the front of the crank.

Funny, I just changed the pedals on three bikes and only one of them (my girlfriend's Specialized acoustic bike) needed a wrench to remove. But the new pedal went on with an Allen Key from the other side.

And you probably know this, but watch out for the thread direction on pedals because the left and right are not the same.

Back