Hello from the Finger Lakes area of New York state

SillyMillie

Hello, I found my way here after purchasing two ebikes. My choices are probably not very good. I purchased an Ancheer and a Pedalease. The Ancheer folds and I have over 700 miles on. The Pedalease ( estar), has almost 300 miles on.

I purchased a rack on the back along with two foldable baskets to go on the rack for the pedalease bike. I purchased the magicshine headlight for this bike. I found out after taking my bike to the local shop, buying online is interesting at best. This bike rides great, but came with broken parts and some were missing.

My Ancheer was the first purchase. I was not sure if I would enjoy ridding bike or not ( can't get me off). I purchased two sets of monkey lights for this bike. They help for night ridding.

I purchased the second one in hopes of having my spouse ride along, and that has happened once. I am new to all this and am eager to learn. I would like to post a picture, but not sure if this is the right spot.

Post photos any time! Everyone would love to see your bikes. We aren't here to criticize people's bike choices. You're among a good crowd of folks who started with something inexpensive (I hadn't heard of these brands and googled Ancheer and saw they are eye-poppingly cheap), just like you did, as a way to dip a toe into the water of ebiking.

That you love ebiking means you are a NOT-silly Milly, but a very smart Milly! :)

I hope your spouse gets lots of use out of bike #2!

Amy

(Link Removed - Attachment No Longer Exists)
This is my first purchase and so far has been good. I have the monkey lights on the front wheel. They help light up the road by the wheel some.

I was able to get the one picture from my tablet, but having issue with using my phone. When I can get that one up, you'll know why I picked my user name. I have not been on a bike in thirty years until this summer. I started to place crazy things in my back baskets to see how to balance carrying things going around corners and keeping the bike straight.

I did lots of practice runs in the yard and very close to home. I started with stuffed animals packed in with a lunch bag with soda pop and cell phone. Then got up to getting canned goods out of the cupboards and ridding along with those. Yes I do feel silly, but if I dump the load, at least it was just canned corn and peaches.

Then after using both baskets I tried loading only one at a time. After that I started to use this for going on my short shopping trips. I am over 50, and still act like a kid, but have fun.

This is the Pedalease bike. My first run with carrying something in the back.

Not a great picture. This is what I ride most nights. The bad on this bike is- they sold this ad a 21 speed, but is only 18. It works fine, but would not do again, I now know for what I paid, could of had a Rad ?(Link Removed - Attachment No Longer Exists)

Great to practice bit by bit.
Happy riding!!! :)
This bike is just a bit larger than I wanted, I'm short. I can stand with this and no room for error. I got caught in the rain this am. Nothing worse than rain and frogs on the road.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well now I think my bike ridding has come to an end. I had an accident, and broke a bone in my back. This is upsetting as I have had two back operations in the last ten years.

Get well soon, Millie. This time of year, wet leaves are dangerous and you probably didn't know it. Hope you're back on the bike next Spring.

Back