Hello from Texas! New member and Ebike Owner!

BrettSr

Region
USA
Hello all
Just got my Huffy Oslo the other day and was wondering about the knocking sound coming from the rear hub location (sounds like something may be loose). Everything is tight and the bike appears to operate fine when riding except the noise from the hub area. Its less noticeable when riding. The box and the bike came to me in excellent condition and The bike has zero visible damage. I have contacted Huffy and will see if they respond. Im pretty handy and will probably take off the wheel and examine the hub more closely when I get the chance. Any thoughts you may have on this sound is appreciated.
Attached are videos. Thank you

Welcome to EBR. I believe it is the dork disc. This bike has a freewheel not a cassette, so you will need a freewheel socket or go to a bike shop. See videos on dork disc removal for a screw on freewheel. It does not have a lockring.

I really think that some shipping material is between the dork disk and the gears.

Yes, the sound is less noticeable when moving fast for sure. So im thinking no matter what, I really need to take the tire off and remove the freewheel
and hub motor cover (if needed) to really see what's going on. But, would you say that the sound should be investigated? Or its normal for a hub motor sound and
just let it be.

Rear wheel seems to have to much resistance and comes to abrupt stop for my comfort. Which could be a separate issue so double check brakes aren't dragging. Possibly freewheel bearings are shot and I would remove rear tire to start the process of elimination.

Mystery sound is solved, I removed the wheel and the freewheel. The Freewheel even after lubricating was the culprit of the grinding sound, I ordered a new Shimano freewheel and its much more quiet and no grinding. After testing that, I went ahead and removed the hub motor cover and cleaned the planetary gears and hub gear and re lubricated and the bike is much more quiet and smooth sound when riding. I also installed a simple thumb throttle which works nicely with direct connection with no splicing. Thank you all for your thoughts and input.

Back