Hello from Tennessee

ebike284

Region
USA
I'm a new ebike owner. I bought an Aventon Pace 500.2 and so far I like the bike but still learning. The assist seem to be intermittent. I moved the magnet as close as I could get it but sometimes it still doesn't assist. The bike only has 65 miles on it.

Welcome aboard!

1. Make sure all accessible cable connectors are fully seated. On Day 4, I lost power to a motor cable that had somehow come undone. Snapped it back together and no trouble since.

2. Also make sure you're not inadvertently activating the motor cut-off switches in the brake levers.

Good luck!

Welcome aboard!

1. Make sure all accessible cable connectors are fully seated. On Day 4, I lost power to a motor cable that had somehow come undone. Snapped it back together and no trouble since.

2. Also make sure you're not inadvertently activating the motor cut-off switches in the brake levers.

Good luck!
I'm not sure how the brake has anything to do with activating motor cut off switch. How does that happen?

I'm not sure how the brake has anything to do with activating motor cut off switch. How does that happen?
You don't want to have the brakes and the motor working a cross-purposes, so pulling the brake levers will cut off the motor. I think Jeremy is cautioning you not to ride the brakes.

TT

You don't want to have the brakes and the motor working a cross-purposes, so pulling the brake levers will cut off the motor. I think Jeremy is cautioning you not to ride the brakes.

TT
I'm new at this but I am sure I'm not pedaling and braking at the same time.

The motor cut-off switches are built into the brake levers — a very common if not universal safety feature in ebikes. Like @Tars Tarkas said, be sure you're not riding the brakes.

Back