Chrisstratton

Region
USA
Hi - my wife and I retired to SWFL in 2016 and enjoy it here. We ride with the SWFL Critical Mass. Just bought two Lectric XP 2.0 Step Thru foldable eBikes thinking I would take them camping in a shuttle bus we are converting to a motor home. I have released that I have made an expensive mistake. Compared to the Townie 7D's, the ride is not good. I have decided to look into putting a mid motor on my Townie 7d to see how that goes. Any guidance and suggestions along the way would be very welcome.

Welcome to the site.
I like the look of a townie. My bodaboda shown in avatar is similar but with a stretch frame for more stability.
Hub motor conversions are easier. I did mine with one on the front. If you can't remember to turn off motor on slick surfaces (ice, wet steel rock or lumber) rear hub motors are safer. Front motor requires steel front fork. Both hub motors require torque arm & serious clamp to strut, not a worm hose clamp. I've got 7000 miles on my hub motor conversion, very happy with it. Ebikeling sells complete kits, fairly reliable, not the best software or displays. I don't need stats of display, I know where I've been & are going, how fast comes from a watch. Battery state is on throttle; either red/yellow/green lamp or a voltmeter.

Last edited:
Back