Hello from San Diego

Peligro

Region
USA
Greetings from San Diego. I recently bought a used Rize RX Pro, and I’m getting back into mtb.
It’s been about 20 years since I quit riding. Started with rigid forks in the early 80’s, rode a few with front suspension, then graduated to a dual in the mid 90’s.
This Fat Tire ebike is crazy fun. For a guy in his mid 60’s, it’s like the hand of God behind me, helping me climb hills I would have struggled on when I was in my prime. Downhill is pretty fun too, I’m getting used to the fatter tires and almost 3 times the bike weight.
I hope to use this forum to share information and help when I upgrade the bike.

Welcome from the Hollywood Hills! I was still riding my old Trek 930 around my neighborhood last winter-- I added a suspension seat post and Girvin suspension stem in about 2010-- but I was still just getting killed, mostly from exertion on hills that are around 15%, but also vibration. In October, I got a kit for the Trek from Clean Republic, and got hooked, suddenly I'm taking 15 mile rides, though the bike's weight went from 30 to 40 pounds.

I needed more range and full suspension, mainly for potholes in Griffith Park but also some singletrack, went the low power, lower price route with a full suspension Motobecane, 49 pounds, 250 watts, only 40 Nm of torque. I'm loving it. Downhill speed on the Trek was 32 MPH, on the Moto it's just short of 37 MPH and much more stable. I'm very new to this, too, there's a lot to learn.

You'll have a blast in SD on the Rize, I'm sure!

Hey! Im also in San Diego, not quite in my 60's yet but getting there. After researching for months, I just ordered Rize RX Pro today, hoping for delivery in September.
Are you still loving your bike? Would you buy it again?

I am 76 and a docent at the San Diego Natural history Museum. I commute to the Museum from El Cajon 2 to 3 days a week. I have a Blix Vika+ foldable. I used to take the trolley and ride the last bit to the Museum but decided I would try the ride from home, 14 to 18 miles one way depending on the route. I like the ride so much now that I ride both ways, 28 miles round trip. The commute is 70 min riding with the pedal-assist set at 2 or 3. Having a foldable bike means that if my partner picks me up to go to the Zoo or we have dinner at the Prado I can just fold the bike and put it into the back of her SUV for the trip home. I like the bike's throttle for quick starts from traffic lights to get out of the way if I stop in a traffic lane, rather than the bike lane, to let right-turning traffic proceed at a red light. I was worried about drivers on my commute but my experience so far is that they are reasonable although I have a mirror on the bike and am very careful in traffic. I have 1300 miles on my bike since Dec and can't believe how much fun it is to ride and how I enjoy the time on the bike. When people ask me about the ebike, I recommend they try one for a ride, but I warn them if they try it they are going to want to buy one!

Hey! Im also in San Diego, not quite in my 60's yet but getting there. After researching for months, I just ordered Rize RX Pro today, hoping for delivery in September.
Are you still loving your bike? Would you buy it again?
I missed seeing this. Hopefully you got your bike already and have been getting some rides in. Honestly, i don't know if i would buy it again. I bought used, for less than what they are new. I would prefer a smaller frame, and better options for upgrading the suspension fork. The bike is stout, and has served me well. until yesterday. I was deep in Mission Trails, and my power died. No display. No power. it wouldn't re-boot. long ride home with a 70lb bike and no power. Today, the battery will not respond to the charger. I don't know if the battery has failed completely, or if there is a fuse that is blown. I am not sure what to do next.

Back