Hello from Minnesota

Teddcl

Hi all,
I'm a retired 63 year old lifelong bike rider with bad knees, one has been replaced and the other will undoubtedly follow suit within the next couple years. Over the last 10 years I've transitioned from drop bar road bikes to hybrids and for the last 2 due to shoulder and neck pain a "comfort" bike.
This spring while trying to rehab the tka even my old comfort bike became a bit of a struggle to ride, while commiserating with a friend about my problems he asked if I had considered an ebike. At the time I knew very little about them so I decided to do some research on the internet and became very intrigued. I called a local bike shop, luckily they are deemed essential in our state, and inquired about a test ride. They carry Specialized and Aventon ebikes at this particular shop and had a couple in stock with my desired frame size. The Aventon was okay but didn't fit to my liking, then I tried a Specialized Como 3 in an XL, loved it and it came home with me.
I've put about 150 miles on it so far and couldn't be happier. Even though it's a bit pricey for a recreational bike I feel it will be a worthwhile investment. Looking forward to a lot of enjoyable riding this summer.
Thanks,
TC from Mn

PS: since the 2020 Como 3 is a class 1 ebike it is legal for bike path use in our fair state. Another reason why I opted for it.

“loved it and it came home with me.”
Sounds like a favorite pet! It’s all good, I think of my ebikes as pets.

Many great miles to you. 🚴🏾‍♂️😃

Back