Hello from Haarlem!

Daan from Haarlem

Region
Europe
City
Haarlem
Love the Cube Kathmandu 625 pro, this bike is really powerful and steady. Already 600+ km and I seam to have forgotton about using my car... saving me a lot of parking fees in Amsterdam! The Speedchip 3.0 for Gen 4 MY20 Bosch CX is really nice and easy to DIY, giving me the extra help between 25 and 35 km/h. I'm now thinking of changing my Shimano Deore XT M771 10 Speed Cassette into 11/32 because I hardly use gear 1-5 on my Dutch plain polder rides! Any tips or experience anyone?
Best and have a fit day!

Hee Daan, i have exectly the same picture as you have used in your profile! Nice, your bike brought back to you with the auto ambulance ? (ANWB)
I have a question for you, i am considering a speed chip as well. Are you not affraid for the police? or when you come into a accident?
Kind regards Rob

Hee Daan, i have exectly the same picture as you have used in your profile! Nice, your bike brought back to you with the auto ambulance ? (ANWB)
I have a question for you, i am considering a speed chip as well. Are you not affraid for the police? or when you come into a accident?
Kind regards Rob
Hi Rob ( of ha Rob)
as far as I know no one has shown any interest in controlling speed(limits) for 25 km/h bikes?
But considering I'm trying to use my common sense and follow trafic rules and regulations in Holland I don't feel afraid to be involved with the Police. It's not that I'm cycling with 35 km/h through packed or crowded (pedastrian) area's. The 35 km/h limit ( and therefore topspeed) is perfect for me and the bike.
What kind of chip are you considering?
Best Daan

I'm now thinking of changing my Shimano Deore XT M771 10 Speed Cassette into 11/32 because I hardly use gear 1-5 on my Dutch plain polder rides! Any tips or experience anyone?

You might even consider an 11-28 cassette, which would give you 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 19, 21, 24, 28. Shimano makes them in different grades, of course, with the Ultegra being comparable to XT.

Passed 10K today within almost 2 year ownership.
Still every daily 40k commuting ride very happy with this sturdy monster.
4 chains, 3 cassettes (11-28!), front chain ring, various inner tubes, brake shoes, steering head, rear wheel, rear tire (Marathon e-plus) spokes.

Attachments

• IMG_2924.jpeg
    IMG_2924.jpeg
    223.3 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_2929.jpeg
    IMG_2929.jpeg
    181.5 KB · Views: 127
Back