Hello from Delaware

quadna71

Region
USA
First post! New e-bike owner and occasional mountain bike rider. Living in central Delaware and close to a few state parks with bike trails that lap the ponds. Also a few towns nearby that are very bike friendly (Lewes, Rehoboth, Cape May). Wanted to buy the wife a nice e-bike for her 40th so ordered her an Aventon Level. Didn’t want to be struggling to keep up with her so ordered myself an Aventon Aventure too. They arrived a few nights ago and we have taken them on a couple 5-mile rides..just short laps in/around our development. Have to say the feeling of PAS kicking in was quite amazing - I’ve never experienced that surge on a pedal bike! Likely keeping the limiter set to 20 mph to appease the New Jersey rules concerning Class 2 bikes as well as keep the battery life respectable.

We both picked up helmets - mine is a Nutcase with MIPS. Not sure if that is overkill or not, but I’ve never worn a helmet before and figured it is a good time to start. Lastly, looking to pick up a small insulated bag for the rear rack to toss in a couple bottles of water and a bike lock. If you have the inside track on a great bag that won’t break the bank feel free to let me know.

First real ride will be next weekend - taking the ferry from Lewes to Cape May and then hitting up a new brewery, lunch, and back to the ferry. Thanks for having us and hope to contribute as I learn more along the way!

A2A985BC-28E0-4595-842B-B9E1AE3C50F1.jpeg

Welcome To the forum!

The Cape May Ferry is a trip in itself. I've done it many times over the years.

The Middle Township Bike Path is a nice 9 mile long paved trail that's less than 2 miles from the Cape May Ferry terminal:

It's worth a look if you have the time.

First post! New e-bike owner and occasional mountain bike rider. Living in central Delaware and close to a few state parks with bike trails that lap the ponds. Also a few towns nearby that are very bike friendly (Lewes, Rehoboth, Cape May). Wanted to buy the wife a nice e-bike for her 40th so ordered her an Aventon Level. Didn’t want to be struggling to keep up with her so ordered myself an Aventon Aventure too. They arrived a few nights ago and we have taken them on a couple 5-mile rides..just short laps in/around our development. Have to say the feeling of PAS kicking in was quite amazing - I’ve never experienced that surge on a pedal bike! Likely keeping the limiter set to 20 mph to appease the New Jersey rules concerning Class 2 bikes as well as keep the battery life respectable.

We both picked up helmets - mine is a Nutcase with MIPS. Not sure if that is overkill or not, but I’ve never worn a helmet before and figured it is a good time to start. Lastly, looking to pick up a small insulated bag for the rear rack to toss in a couple bottles of water and a bike lock. If you have the inside track on a great bag that won’t break the bank feel free to let me know.

First real ride will be next weekend - taking the ferry from Lewes to Cape May and then hitting up a new brewery, lunch, and back to the ferry. Thanks for having us and hope to contribute as I learn more along the way!

View attachment 117001
Welcome to EBR. You've mentioned helmets and bags, so once you mention a seat you will cover all the major EBR topics. 😀

View attachment 117001
Welcome from Wilmington, Delaware - enjoy your rides.

Welcome to EBR. You've mentioned helmets and bags, so once you mention a seat you will cover all the major EBR topics. 😀
I think my only mention at this point is that I'll be moving my seat from the DB over to the new bike. Hopefully that covers the topic sufficiently! :)

Back