Hello from a newbie with questions

Ibw

Region
USA
First post but I have been lurking for a couple of months. Really learning a lot on this board. My 2022 Specialized Vado 4 is pictured here on a warm day in Treasure Island, Florida. I am a 70 year old that rides to escape the indoors. I am loving the bike but I have noticed one issue, the master mind controller seems to credit me with more mileage than I have actually ridden. For example, yesterday I rode for 17 miles +/- and it gave me credit for 22 miles. Also, have any Specialized owners noticed any issues trying to use the Strava app on an IPhone with their bikes? Any feedback is appreciated . Should I post this in rhe Specialized forum?
00FC80B8-AE76-4C7C-AA13-F365B675A3D3.jpeg

Hi Ibw, I just saw your post today when it showed up for me as a 'similar thread'. Did you ever get your 'Specialized' questions answered? You would definitely get a response from someone if you posted under the Specialized forum.

On my 2021 Specialized Turbo Levo Comp I notice a difference in milage on my Mission Control vs my Garmin. My difference is about 6%.

Last edited:
Cars, motorcycles, and today ebikes and the list goes on like to typically set their machines up to register more and faster mph and miles traveled then actually traveled because it makes their machine look better. They give the impression it goes farther and faster per gallon of gas or battery charge. I must say though autos today are much better then in years gone by. Ten percent fast used to be the norm for cars. In other words 10 percent better fuel mileage. Critics like Consumer Reports and others have helped correct it with autos.

Back