Heavy fat tire ebike hitch rack for step thru bike

Bought bike without thinking how to transport. 4 inch wheels. 26 tires 18 inch frame. Approx 60 lbs without battery.
2 inch truck receiver hitch.. help.

One Up, the best. They have a fat tire spacer kit that is good up to almost a five inch tire. No official connection to the outfit, but a huge fan. Their quality is just terrific.

I second the 1Up USA rack. I had their regular rack rated for 50 lbs per bike for the last 5 years and loved it. I recently sold my 1st rack and purchased their Super Duty model which is rated for 75 lbs per bike and love it. You can load a bike in 1-2 minutes and unload even quicker. All metal, no plastic. Can get the Heavy Duty or Super Duty models to fit 1-3 bikes. Fairly expensive, but you get what you pay for.

We have the heavy duty 1UP for our two bikes. My fat tire uses the spacer kit and my brides step thru with fenders uses the regular spacing. I dropped the piece that touches the tires for one end for the rear fender And it works perfect.
Great rack.

Bought bike without thinking how to transport. 4 inch wheels. 26 tires 18 inch frame. Approx 60 lbs without battery.
2 inch truck receiver hitch.. help.
Check out buzzrack, they have one for half price of similar Yakima rack. They were backordered and I had to get the Yakima.. You may have to get a fat tire adaptor. Check Amazon. I have a ramp for that rack, if you end up with it I'll send it just for the postage. (I got it thinking I'd be getting the buzzrack)

Just received the 1Up USA Super Duty Double for my new Rad Rover Step Thru. Here are two pics. I tried the Wheel Stop for the front tire, but the rear tire centerline is off the rear wheel tray by an inch. I will probably end up removing the rear fender to hold the bike more securely when travelling with the rack on my fifth wheel. The 1Up rep said I could just put the rear tire arm down over the fender with a foam insert for protection. Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0835_LI (3).jpg
    IMG_0835_LI (3).jpg
    705.8 KB · Views: 489
  • IMG_0831_LI (3).jpg
    IMG_0831_LI (3).jpg
    607.2 KB · Views: 418
Just received the 1Up USA Super Duty Double for my new Rad Rover Step Thru. Here are two pics. I tried the Wheel Stop for the front tire, but the rear tire centerline is off the rear wheel tray by an inch. I will probably end up removing the rear fender to hold the bike more securely when travelling with the rack on my fifth wheel. The 1Up rep said I could just put the rear tire arm down over the fender with a foam insert for protection. Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.
I have a 1Up USA Super Duty. I carry an R&M Nevo with front and rear fenders. I do not have or use the optional Wheel Stop. I do have and use the optional foam fender protector on the rear fender only and it works great. I have no problem with rear wheel centerline hanging off the tray as you have shown, but my bike has 26" wheels which probably makes a good bit of difference.

My rack and bike is often on the back of my GMC Acadia which is being flat towed behind a class A motorhome. No issues with this set up.

I have a 1Up USA Super Duty. I carry an R&M Nevo with front and rear fenders. I do not have or use the optional Wheel Stop. I do have and use the optional foam fender protector on the rear fender only and it works great. I have no problem with rear wheel centerline hanging off the tray as you have shown, but my bike has 26" wheels which probably makes a good bit of difference.

My rack and bike is often on the back of my GMC Acadia which is being flat towed behind a class A motorhome. No issues with this set up.
gtpharr, Thanks for the reply. I'm returning the wheel stop and will center the ebike with 26"x4" Kendra tires and a 46" wheel base on the rack. I'll try just using the rear arm on the fender like you do. Another poster had a picture of his hand made plywood inserts he used between the tire and fender for more support when moving the 1up "bent arm" down onto the fender. I also have the 1Up ramp which helps when loading the bike, but it is only 3" wide. Have fun with your R&M Nevo.

Back