Hd.1000 on a GT Fury Elite

Jz1276

Custom Electric Conversions, Repairs, mods & sales
Region
USA
City
Kissimmee Bay, FL
Hi everyone! Well I just sold my Cannondale and I found a bike I'd like to build up for myself, but it says that the BB measurements are 83mm.
I have to get back to my rep at Bafang, but I'm unsure if this bike is a viable option now bc Bottom bracket sizes are: 68mm, 73, 100 and 120mm.
I attached the spec sheet below. If anyone can take a look and give me some feedback so I know whether I have to move on and find something else or if I can rig something, I would really appreciate it! Thanks Jason

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-05-10-08-42.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-05-10-08-42.png
    774.3 KB · Views: 740
i would be more worried on where to mount a decent sized battery - nasty looking frame for that.

Compounding the problem of battery placement is, the bike is only available in extra small. Is that 15 or 16 inch frame? Very nice specs/build though!

Compounding the problem of battery placement is, the bike is only available in extra small. Is that 15 or 16 inch frame? Very nice specs/build though!

Thanks for the input, but the frame does come in a medium. Is there any reason you mentioned that the bike is only available in small? I saw that they have 8 in stock of this model alone at this particular bike dealer.
Im also looking at the:
GT Sensor Expert 2016
Helion Expert 2015
Sensor Comp 2015
All in Medium.
Ive gotten in touch w/ Bafang personally when the release of the new HD was coming out. They were very nice and set me up with my own agent to deal with and bc Ive been building some bikes and plan on building more(using there products) I guess they were more eager to help.
Now my issue is that a lot of the models Im looking at do not give a Bottom Bracket measurement.... And at these prices, I dont want to have to start boring out the BB cylinder if I dont have to.
Regarding the battery, there are so many options available out there it shouldnt be a problem. If so, Ill just run it thru my backpack like ive done before.
I did write the rep from Bafang and Im just waiting to hear back to see what he says.

Back