hauling stromer question

Asking opinions on which bicycle racks work best for stromer. I have a 2" receiver hitch. Thanks
Jim I have a Kuat NV 2.0 Bike Hitch Rack . I'm very happy with it. It also has a work stand as part of the rack. It is designed to handle the extra weight of a electric bike

Ditto Kuat NV, I have the smaller hitch model does fine for my St2 seems to smooth out with two bikes on board.

Asking opinions on which bicycle racks work best for stromer. I have a 2" receiver hitch. Thanks

I reviewed a ton of possibilities and settled upon a hitch from 1upUSA. There are some real good videos on YouTube about this hitch. Insofar as I am aware, it is the only platform hitch that comes as a single track. All of the others I reviewed were two-bike mounts. You can of course add a second or third track if you intend to carry more than one bike. They make two models, the second one which can handle the heavier e-bike and is built only for a 2" hitch. I did buy the "fender roller" to capture the rear fender; not needed up front. The single unit weighs about 25 lbs, comes completely assembled and can be mounted or unmounted in less than a minute once one gets the hang of it. For me, a large selling point was that it easily folds up and can be stored in the box it is sent in. I have only taken it for a short spin at this point, but it seems to work really well and is very stable. I also like the fact that it is made in the USA, virtually free of any plastic parts. Mounting or dismounting the bike is a breeze, with no straps to do or undo. It folds up against the car when not in use in addition to a couple of other positions that allow one to get into their trunk or hatch when the bike is loaded. Very well engineered from my vantage point. I believe they also have a 60 day return policy and their shipping charge is very reasonable.

Thanks for your help gentlemen. After reading reviews I purchased the 1up heavy duty. I love it so far! Thanks again

Thanks for your help gentlemen. After reading reviews I purchased the 1up heavy duty. I love it so far! Thanks again

Jim, just curious if you purchased the one bike or two bike setup from 1up. I really like the engineering and craftsmanship of the unit. While I don't need a second track, it might be useful when riding with friends to be able to carry a couple of bikes sometimes...I found the track arms a little tough to turn out originally, so I very slightly loosened the bolts to make it a bit easier to unfold and then mount the rack. Likewise, making it easier to fold up when removing. Thinking of making the mounting tool a it shorter so that it spins completely thru when tightening up the rack to the hitch...

I bought the single track. I only wish there was a way to lock it for theft protection. I wonder if you could drill a hole in the mount to install a locking pin

I bought the single track. I only wish there was a way to lock it for theft protection. I wonder if you could drill a hole in the mount to install a locking pin

Jim...check out the following: (Link Removed - No Longer Exists) can't see why you couldn't drill a hole in the mount, but this might be a reasonable alternative? The special allen tool that you need to mount and dismount the rack from the hitch provides a bit of security, coupled with the hitch bar lock it would seem pretty impervious to theft for the most part?

Hi All, thanks for posting your thoughts on this issue.. I just purchased the Kuat nv2.0. Based on your posts, it seems like the right choice for trailering a St1and St2 from a to b.

Super nice rack I have the same, also a St2 2015 if you have exposed rear door handles in high winds tie it off or learn the hard way like I did. Don't forget to use the Kuat lock cable I drape mine over the pedal ,that's what kept mine from flying off the rack when the winds got a hold of it. Also provides a modicum of security from someone snatch and grabbing.

Last edited:
Back