Hauling groceries on E-bike?

Ravi Kempaiah

Region
Canada
City
Halifax
I love the fact that you can take your eBike to restaurants, grocery shops, school and what not!
My local organic store Mom's Organic Market support environmental sustainability in a big way. They have few EV charging spots as well.

Here's my ST2 doing grocery shopping.

Grocery shopping.JPG

I use Burley Travoy trailer and carry upto 45lbs groceries routinely. I can see using this as a mini touring rig.

I love the fact that you can take your eBike to restaurants, grocery shops, school and what not!
My local organic store Mom's Organic Market support environmental sustainability in a big way. They have few EV charging spots as well.

Here's my ST2 doing grocery shopping.

View attachment 4060

I use Burley Travoy trailer and carry upto 45lbs groceries routinely. I can see using this as a mini touring rig.

You are allowed to take your bike into store? Or is it -- don't ask, and hope no one stops you? Love it btw! You are a great ebike ambassador!

Last edited:
You are allowed to take your bike into store? Or is it -- don't ask, and hope no one stops you? Love it btw! You are a great evoke ambassador!

They are pretty cool with me parking the bike near one of the corner counters and I request the guy at the counter to keep an eye on it ;)
In fact, most of them have test ridden my bikes & they loved it and over the years, they have become sort of friends.

I take my Stromer into the doctor's offices, HD, Walgreens and even a local hospital to visit a neighbor. Ace hardware won't let me because they are small stores. Whole foods won't let me, and i don't go there anymore.

Don't lock it don't need to in the burbias of Miami. It's a good life@!

@Ravi Kempaiah how well is that Travoy working for you? I've liked it since I first saw it last year, but read several reviews that stated it was "tippy" on uneven ground or hitting curb cuts (handicap ramps) at anything other than dead straight, head on. What would you say is the safe speed with 25 pounds of vittles in tow?

And the real question; do you ever use a car?:eek:

;)

@Ravi Kempaiah how well is that Travoy working for you? I've liked it since I first saw it last year, but read several reviews that stated it was "tippy" on uneven ground or hitting curb cuts (handicap ramps) at anything other than dead straight, head on. What would you say is the safe speed with 25 pounds of vittles in tow?
And the real question; do you ever use a car?:eek:
;)

You know I have noticed some reviews in Amazon talking about this tipping but I have not experienced it. When I load stuff in there, I barely cross 19mph and it works perfectly fine at that speed.
It's funny, I rarely use my car. For anything less than 15 miles, I can get there faster by bike. :D

Back