Has your Lectric XP exceeded your expectations?

Taylor57

I must say after about 150 miles, the XP has exceeded what I expected. I bought it primarily to get in shape and now find myself going on tours of our city and surrounding trails. I have added the springy seatpost and new seat and the only other thing I would change would be front shocks. Thank you Lectric for givin me a reason to get up early!

I have no issue with the design, but the quality control in terms of assembly by the Chinese in my case was unacceptable. The battery died after first 13 miles (so it obviously was never tested that all the cells were ok). The derailleur hanger was bent (and not by shipping as the box was perfect...it was bent during assembly) so the gears wouldn't shift. The brakes were not right. One was so tight you couldn't spin the tire and the other so loose, the handle was hitting the handlebars when applied. I took it to a pro bike shop and they weren't surprised because they got another Lectric XP in before mine with even more issues. So after 3 weeks of getting a new battery and having it back from the bike shop...the bike is NOW ok as it should have been when I got it. Obviously Lectric does NOT check these bikes as I would not expect them to. They are relying on their Chinese partners to do that for them and frankly I give them an F in that department. Also...the bike shop went over the entire bike...the forks and pedals were not torqued correctly. I cannot recommend Lectric to anybody unless they don't mind gambling that their bike will be ok. The bike shop told me that even those buyers who think their bikes are assembled right (correct torques and tolerances on brakes and derailleur)...those buyers will likely have premature wear on the bike much sooner than they should. So folks, I would recommend anybody buying one of these to support your local bike shop and spend another $60 for a professional tune up. Otherwise, you will be spending much more when you start to buy replacement parts.

I have no issue with the design, but the quality control in terms of assembly by the Chinese in my case was unacceptable. The battery died after first 13 miles (so it obviously was never tested that all the cells were ok). The derailleur hanger was bent (and not by shipping as the box was perfect...it was bent during assembly) so the gears wouldn't shift. The brakes were not right. One was so tight you couldn't spin the tire and the other so loose, the handle was hitting the handlebars when applied. I took it to a pro bike shop and they weren't surprised because they got another Lectric XP in before mine with even more issues. So after 3 weeks of getting a new battery and having it back from the bike shop...the bike is NOW ok as it should have been when I got it. Obviously Lectric does NOT check these bikes as I would not expect them to. They are relying on their Chinese partners to do that for them and frankly I give them an F in that department. Also...the bike shop went over the entire bike...the forks and pedals were not torqued correctly. I cannot recommend Lectric to anybody unless they don't mind gambling that their bike will be ok. The bike shop told me that even those buyers who think their bikes are assembled right (correct torques and tolerances on brakes and derailleur)...those buyers will likely have premature wear on the bike much sooner than they should. So folks, I would recommend anybody buying one of these to support your local bike shop and spend another $60 for a professional tune up. Otherwise, you will be spending much more when you start to buy replacement parts.
Totally disagree...2900km on one of my 4 Lectric bikes that we bought plus my friend Kimbo with 2500km who is also on this forum...that makes 5 bikes...they all have been awesome..minor adjustments have been needed but ..otherwise fantastic bikes...I'm pretty sure you are the exception to this. If you read back to the beginning of this forum you will find very little issues overall with these bikes... You have been speaking to a fellow at a bike store who competes with our bikes...what would you expect him to say..To need a couple adjustments is not unusual. When you buy a bike from a bike store you pay for this in the price you pay. Now your bikes set up enjoy it and the $60 you spent should fade in to the sunset..

Love the Lectric XP. I use it mostly to commute around town. All systems are working well at 3 weeks and 175 miles.

Had flat front tire so far from a screw and the sealant in the tube prevent air for leaking. The only way I knew I had pick up a screw was the clicking I heard while riding. The front tire was easy to repair although instead of setting the bike on boxes a bike stand would be nice ( I see another thread on this).

All I know is that I'm pleased with my XP. I never would have thought that I'd be able to buy an electric bike for under $1,000 that had the power and ability that it has. I had a bent derailleur and I quickly learned how to adjust it thanks to the great guys on this forum for their knowledge. And I even have learned some bicycle adjust skills that I wish I had years ago to adjust on bikes. I even learned how to adjust shifting from one speed to another. The XP has met my expectations. If you bought a bike similar to this one, you'd be hard pressed to pay more than $1,400.

All I know is that I'm pleased with my XP. I never would have thought that I'd be able to buy an electric bike for under $1,000 that had the power and ability that it has. I had a bent derailleur and I quickly learned how to adjust it thanks to the great guys on this forum for their knowledge. And I even have learned some bicycle adjust skills that I wish I had years ago to adjust on bikes. I even learned how to adjust shifting from one speed to another. The XP has met my expectations. If you bought a bike similar to this one, you'd be hard pressed to pay more than $1,400.
Awesome to hear!!!! This is the kind of stories that are all over this forum...Go Lectric...

I got my E-bike on the 9th July and done 140 miles so far no trouble , the only thing was the chain guard was rubbing on the chain and making a noise , I have order a other kind , I am lovely it ' I was thinking I would have to stop cycling but so happy I can keep cycling for how long I am not sure , just enjoying every day I'm out

I got mine on the 17th of july? I am absolutely happy with it. Easier to get to friends houses. Do much longer rides. I am guilty of smashing the throttle to work. Its so darn fun. 250 miles.

myers830, understand that a "bike shop" sells bikes, they don't manufacture them. So, now that the shop employee has given you his pre-sale sales pitch (for which you've paid $60, btw) if/when you buy a bike from them in the future they will have to do the same tune-up to whichever bike you've been convinced to buy from them, that they've purchased from a manufacturer, and well in excess of $899, I'm sure, prior to delivery to you. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), you won't notice the additional $60 charged to you for this same service as it will be included (hidden?) in your overall cost of purchase.
I can't say this bike has met or exceeded my expectations because, quite frankly, I didn't have any expectations. I was more curious than expectant. But, I will say that I am very pleased with it.

It is a gateway drug. I got it not knowing what to expect. My experience was same as OP, found myself starting to ride it everywhere I could point it. Great fun but you do find the limits of the bike. Eventually upgraded to a FS mid drive, but still have and ride my XP. It is my travel bike, fits in the trunk of my Challenger and ready to go wherever!

It is a gateway drug. I got it not knowing what to expect. My experience was same as OP, found myself starting to ride it everywhere I could point it. Great fun but you do find the limits of the bike. Eventually upgraded to a FS mid drive, but still have and ride my XP. It is my travel bike, fits in the trunk of my Challenger and ready to go wherever!

Agreed. What FS did you buy?

I have had my XP for over a week now and 50 miles. I LOVE this bike - plenty of power (once you unlock it) and the battery power has been more than I expected.
Ordered one for my wife and waiting for the delivery.
Highly recommend it...

This is a great "gateway drug" electric bike, I have over 2500 kms on mine now and although I have a mid-drive with three times the power (Biktrix self installed kit for the shout-out) I find I'm always going back to this bike. I love how it folds up so that I can put it in my suv and still sleep in the suv beside the bike when I go car camping. My only problems have been flat tires, I still have the original tires but I find them to be really thin and mine had no puncture proof liner in them from the factory.

Ours showed up yesterday. I was expecting terrible things from the brakes. However, after some breaking in, they work pretty well. They are even starting to quiet down a little.

The bike is also way more fun to cruise around using thottle-only than I expected.

Back