Has anyone received their May pre-order?

I'm in the same situation. Ordered April 8 with an expectation of receiving my bike in May. Now I guess it is either human nature or just my nature but on May 1st I wanted a notification my bike was ready to go! I'm very anxious to get my bike but right now any update would be appreciated. I check the forum on Juices website daily as it seems one notification on it would be a very proactive move on Juices part. It would probably cut down on the individual emails/phone calls they have to be receiving. (Yes I sent one too. No, I have not received any type of reply.)
Here's the way I look at it though: I've been without this bike for well over 40 years. What's a few more weeks. I've still got two 'all me' powered bikes that I enjoy riding. And I have something to look forward to!

Hey that is a great idea to always have a spare on hand while waiting for that ultimate ride to arrive. Makes the wait a lot less painful IMHO.. Good Luck with your new purchase (when you get it) LOL...

no - it is frustrating...I followed your suggestion above now I just have to wait and see.
Well response was what was expected. If they are truly inspecting each bike completely then delay is to be expected.
The team at Juiced Bikes wants to say THANK YOU for your order!

Your RipCurrent S (13Ah) is here and your order is in process. Bikes are shipping out daily and we're adding capacity and shifting resources around to get them out the door much more quickly - and we appreciate your patience.

Since it's our first run of RCS, we're inspecting every bike so that's where much of the delay has been in getting these out quickly - rest-assured your bike is on the way.

You will receive a separate email within the month of May with shipping details. If you would like more specific information on your bike please email [email protected].

@Chris Hammond - You ordered your RCS before March 12th? So you should get yours a few days before me, assuming battery supplies of the 21aH and 19aH are good.

@Chuck E. Cheese Where are you getting this wild speculation from?:

I have never had a problem with getting a shipping update from Juiced - you talk/email/chat with a customer service rep who tries to talk to someone in shipping or order processing or [once your bike has arrived] someone in the warehouse and 1-2 days later you get an update.

Now if you were complaining that they miss their estimated dates. . well yes the customer service people have been less than precise. That happens when you buy products that aren't built yet. Its not like most Kickstarter projects ship on schedule -- compared to kickstarter Juiced is getting RCS out quickly :) HyperFat, that it seems had a wait time more like a kickstarter project.

If I had ordered 13aH battery, or was willing to settle for a temporary 13aH battery I would have had my bike April 23-25th, but I didn't want to receive the bike unless it had the 19aH.
Still Juiced tried to do right by those of us in the tail end of the 1st wave when they ran out of 19aH batteries.

I think you, Chuck, posted that you ordered your RCS in Late March, so why are you so negative?

If I had accepted the bike with 13aH my order would have been only a few days later than the estimate given in chat before I purchased. Granted that was with a smaller battery but I can understand that they mis-judged how many would commit to the 19aH - heck even the 52V seems to sell out blazing fast.

Am I frustrated that it will be 2 months after my credit card was charged before I get my bike - you betcha.

But as far as I can tell they didn't deceive me. They were upfront on the order page that this was "Pre Order". When I chatted online the most common answer was (paraphrasing here) 'you are buying a bike that is either close to shipping from China or already on a ship, but not yet here in the USA. Once here it still has to go through final assembly and QA and shipping and that can take a few weeks. Your order will be fulfilled on a first in first out basis'

So why Chuck are you implying nefarious intent? Are you just frustrated or have you seen something concrete? (If so all of us who are waiting want to know).

(BTW, I have all of my online chat sessions with Juiced support logged, and all phone calls are followed up with an email summarizing the salient points of the phone call -- I may be supportive but I try not to be a fool)

-Neil

I haven't been so lucky. I've generated tickets for an update on my order, they said warehouse would get back to me, and it has been a week of chirping crickets.

For whatever reason Juiced finds it either unimportant to keep us informed, or they have a good reason to keep us uninformed. Either way it doesn’t inspire confidence in the company.
I haven't found this to be the case. They've always given me as accurate information as they had available.

When I got my ham radio license, in the pre-internet days when it was all done by paper-shuffling humans, it took 13 weeks from passing my exam to getting my license in the mail. 13 long weeks, which is 1/4 of a year. Nowadays, some guys start yelling and screaming if they don't get their license within a week. Well, huh. Just Huh.

Is Juiced sometimes over-optimistic about delivery dates? Yeah. Is it based on the information they have at the time? Also yeah. Would it be better if they under-promised and over-delivered? Again, yeah. Could people stand to be more patient over anything less critical than a kidney transplant? Not just yeah but hell yeah.

<<Is Juiced sometimes over-optimistic about delivery dates? Yeah. Is it based on the information they have at the time? Also yeah. Would it be better if they under-promised and over-delivered? Again, yeah.>>

That's the only point I was making. Your post insinuates I'm being impatient. I don't mind waiting. I don't like being promised one delivery date and hearing nothing about why the date had to be pushed back. I get that these things take time to build and deliver. I just appreciate being kept vaguely aware of what's going on. Keeping customers in the dark when they are participating in what is, essentially, the crowdfunding of these bikes is not a way to earn most peoples' trust. Credulous folks might disagree.

That's the only point I was making. Your post insinuates I'm being impatient. I don't mind waiting. I don't like being promised one delivery date and hearing nothing about why the date had to be pushed back. I get that these things take time to build and deliver. I just appreciate being kept vaguely aware of what's going on. Keeping customers in the dark when they are participating in what is, essentially, the crowdfunding of these bikes is not a way to earn most peoples' trust. Credulous folks might disagree.
It is frustrating. I emailed Juiced a few times while waiting on the shipping notification. They always responded, however, a few days went by in some cases. My attitude about it improved instantly, once I got the shipping notice. Bike is scheduled for delivery tomorrow, I can hardly wait. My advice is just try to be patient, it'll be worth it in the end.

It is frustrating. I emailed Juiced a few times while waiting on the shipping notification. They always responded, however, a few days went by in some cases. My attitude about it improved instantly, once I got the shipping notice. Bike is scheduled for delivery tomorrow, I can hardly wait. My advice is just try to be patient, it'll be worth it in the end.
I'm getting frustrated even though I ordered mid April. Has anyone cancelled an order and received a full refund or is that going to be another problem?

I'm getting frustrated even though I ordered mid April. Has anyone cancelled an order and received a full refund or is that going to be another problem?
The only time I saw a post from someone who couldn't wait, he said they promptly returned to money. I think it happens somewhat regularly based on how the availability of bikes on the site varies from day-to-day. When I was in the process of deciding I noticed that on some days they were sold out, and others a specific size/color/ battery combination would become available. I assumed it meant someone cancelled their order. I figured I could either get in line for the exact bike I wanted, or buy another bike that I would regret in a couple of months when I would have received my RCS. I'm anxious to receive it, but I'd rather wait than get a bike I'm not thrilled about.

I'm starting to have second thoughts. The terrible communication from Juiced makes me nervous should any issues arise with the bike. I'm considering spending more and going to a local bike shop for peace of mind and ease of service.
I did finally get a response from Juiced. Two actually. One was a generic note explaining the fact that the larger battery packs were slow in arriving, and that the bikes from my batch have arrived in San Diego. They expect the batteries on May 14th and the bikes would ship as quickly as possible afterward, in the order they were purchased. Then I got a second email from customer support saying essentially the same thing while also answering a few specific questions I had about the bike. I think the success of the RCS and CCS has been a bit overwhelming. Once they get to a point where they can ship them from stock things will calm down a bit. In both emails they mentioned the communication issue and suggested they'll be more communicative moving forward. Honestly, that was my only request. And they stepped up. I have faith in the company and the founder and from the people I've spoken with who own Juiced bikes, I expect to be very happy when it does get here. Can't wait.

I got the same two emails today. It is good to have some form of communication going out to us, even if it is somewhat generic. I imagine they are all so busy getting our bikes out the door our emails got put on the back burner.

I got the same two emails today. It is good to have some form of communication going out to us, even if it is somewhat generic. I imagine they are all so busy getting our bikes out the door our emails got put on the back burner.
Same here. Have any of you people actually ridden the bikes we all purchased? If so any bikes you can compare them to? Does the rear hub have much more power than mid motor ? Any info would help. Thanks all.

I have not. I have to say the (1)battery capacity and (2) price point sold me. There were obviously other selling points but these were the main two. I'm looking forward to seeing how this bike does in the Appalachian Mountains. As hard these bikes are to get, I'm thinking if it doesn't perform to my expectations, it should be easy to resell.

Newest update I got today on my RCS 13ah order. Very disappointed and leads me to wonder if they found a problem with the 1’st shipment bikes, why else this long lead time on a bike with stock 13ah battery ordered on 2/25/18.
Thank you for contacting us!
We apologize for the delay as we have been doing our best to keep up and address every inquiry in a timely manner.
We have gone ahead and checked with the warehouse, and they let us know that your order will be shipping by the end of this month.
Your time and patience is appreciated as we know the excitement keeps building up.
Please don't hesitate to reach out and let us know if you have any questions or concerns as we are always happy to help and your feedback is very important to us. Again, thank you for your time.

Best Regards,
-Juiced Bikes

Newest update I got today on my RCS 13ah order. Very disappointed and leads me to wonder if they found a problem with the 1’st shipment bikes, why else this long lead time on a bike with stock 13ah battery ordered on 2/25/18.
Thank you for contacting us!
We apologize for the delay as we have been doing our best to keep up and address every inquiry in a timely manner.
We have gone ahead and checked with the warehouse, and they let us know that your order will be shipping by the end of this month.
Your time and patience is appreciated as we know the excitement keeps building up.
Please don't hesitate to reach out and let us know if you have any questions or concerns as we are always happy to help and your feedback is very important to us. Again, thank you for your time.

Best Regards,
-Juiced Bikes
Oh wow. I’m sorry to hear that. I think everyone on the waiting list will be sorry to hear that as well. Hopefully you won’t get the same email again next month. Fingers crossed.

If you're getting no response from JB consider working through the Better Business Bureau. JB is not an accredited BBB business, but JB did respond to the one complaint that's on file with their record last October. Sometimes you got to be the squeaky wheel.

Looking forward to seeing some RCS photos and videos from everyone here soon.

Back