Handlebar Lights Review: Evolva Future Technology X8 (1800 Lumen)

FullyCharged

Recently I purchased two of these lights for the handlebar on my NCM Moscow Plus. I did a lot of research into the more expensive premium brands like the lezyne 1800i and many others. Nothing had the most bang for the buck than these $60CDN units.

Here's some specs:

• In order to provide riders with the maximum run-time, the USB rechargeable bike light utilizes the most efficient and highest-capacity lithium 18650 battery commercially available - 2 x 3400mAh LG 18650 Battery Pack. It provides you at least 4 hours and 15 minutes run-time (TRUE RATED) on the highest 1800 lumen setting, 6 hours and 20 minutes on middle (850 lumen), and 76 hours and 20 minutes on the lowest ECO brightness (15 lumen).
  • HIGH PERFORMANCE 1800LM: With two Cree XLamp XM-L2 LEDs, the USB rechargeable bike light delivers breakthrough 1800 lumen output (Maximum Beam Distance: 148 meters) and efficacy on the highest setting.
  • Built-in battery pack, free from separate battery pack and wire.
  • Can be charged directly with any USB port: mobile phone USB charger, Laptop USB port, power bank USB port and other USB devices.
  • Smart energy management system auto-regulates the brightness when the battery is below 30% to ensure the maximum runtime.
  • Smart indicator glows constant blue light when battery charging is completed and when battery power is between 100%-60%. The Red LED lights when battery power is between 60%- 30%. The red LED flashes up to warn you that the battery power is below 30%.
  • 6 Modes: With all the lighting patterns that you need when on a night ride, High, Mid, Low, Eco, Strobe and SOS
SOURCE WEBSITE

Some of the reasons why I pulled the trigger on these:

- The Price.
- IPX-68 waterproof standard. A lot of bike lights on amazon are only IPV4 which is only splash proof.
- Cree leds are very bright. My cars headlights and grow tent use them.
- The lights remember the last setting you were on before you turned it off. No switching all the time.
- They can be charged and used at the same time. Directly from my battery.
- Lots of different modes.The website says 6 but there's more. If you press and hold the mode button for 2 secs, there is another section of modes the light cycles through (low,med,high)
- Big internal batteries with good chemistry (2 x 3350mAh LG 18650 Batteries ) 4hrs runtime on brightest setting.
- 3 year warranty.
- Quick release mounting system.
- The Price.

Some pics:

Chart.PNG

Batt description.PNG

mounting system.PNG

IMG_0281.JPG
IMG_E0276.JPG
IMG_E0279.JPG

IMG_E0278.JPG

IMG_0271.JPG

CA478AC8-30E5-4843-9097-6926B6468D8A.jpeg

0B998DEB-01D4-40C0-8706-D41A044035EC.jpeg

Video:

Overall I'm happy with these lights. Would recommend if your looking for bright lights that hold a charge and don't break the bank.

LINKS:

Last edited:
Thanks for the review. Do you know if the cells are indeed Panasonic or LG branded?

Older version of these lights had panasonic, when they updated the mounting bracket they changed the batteries to LG. I've corrected my typo in the OP.
I haven't opened it up yet. When I do, ill confirm here.

I was riding around all day today with these lights on my handlebars to test the mounts. They didn't move at all. The built in rubber grip strips in the mount really help keep these in place.

@FullyCharged Thank you for sharing.

Fantastic light and well made although a little on the heavy side however if you ever need a weapon for self defense ...
it might come handy. (just kidding)
Mine came with LG cells.
Got it on sale for $51Canadian.

@FullyCharged Thank you for sharing.

Fantastic light and well made although a little on the heavy side however if you ever need a weapon for self defense ...
it might come handy. (just kidding)
Mine came with LG cells.
Got it on sale for $51Canadian.

Good deal! I got them for $59.99CAN a few weeks ago.
I think the word is your looking for is durable and yes, probably a good fist filler. Conveniently I have two of them 😅.
One thing I know is that if I ever do bail out, these probably will have a better chance of surviving than the hard plastic/metal ones on the market.
Thanks for the heads up on the cells.

I agree, this light will take a lot of abuse and keep on shining,:cool: I have tested it over last couple of years with few spills:rolleyes: at Kelso in Milton.

@Eastern Shore Dave

I have purchased items from the American website without any issues in the past, I make the order and my Canadian bank takes care of the rest, conversion and any fees that may apply, perhaps you can contact the customer support for clarification how to make it work for you. Hope it helps.
Just my 5 cents (we do not have pennies anymore).

I signed into Amazon.ca, ordered, but they had no option to ship to the U.S., so I gave up. Too, bad, looks really nice.

I signed into Amazon.ca, ordered, but they had no option to ship to the U.S., so I gave up. Too bad, looks really nice.

Here is an excellent alternative... the design is similar but it comes with a battery charge level % indicator. ;)

I have 2 of these lights and they have dual 18650 lithium cells and can also run as a power bank to charge your phone.

Multi-function Light

WAKYME Bicycle light is great for commuting at night as well as an extra safety precaution during the day.
It is more than just a bicycle light, it can also be used as a hand-held flashlight for indoor/outdoor night activities as well as a power bank for your mobile phone. Suitable for all types of bicycles.

• Lumen: 1200
  • Battery Capacity: 5200mAh
  • Waterproof Level: IP67
  • Modes:5 Modes for Headlight, 3 Modes for Taillight
Package Content

Package List:

1* Bicycle Headlight

1* Bicycle Taillight

1* Bracket

1* USB Charging Cable

1* Manual

Power Bank Function and LCD Display

Last edited:
Yes, and the LED power display is the killer app. I just ordered another unit as they are on sale for $12.99. ;)

Last edited:
Now I see that there is no seller that is shipping it to my address and Canadian website shows $107.99 for this light, talk about price gauging.
Very nice find @FlatSix911 and thank you for sharing, l like the power bank function.

Back