Handlebar carry bag advice

Old-tool-guy

Region
USA
Looking for advice for a small carry bag, hopefully attached to the handlebars. Only needs to be big enough for a cell phone, wallet and car keys.

Check out "feed bags" which usually hold one bottle and have some extra spots for things like phone, keys.

Those bags are cool. 'local sale'? Where dat?
Portland oregon. We were going to the keen store and they weee right across. Most of their stuff was 80%off 130 shorts were 25.00 they did not have the newest colors. Wife got shoes for 20.00
IMG_2281.jpeg

Nice find!
ya real lucky. I had just bought a pair of shorts for 77.00 on clearance.I found the same ones there 25.00 so I bought 3 and canceled the order. spent 100.00 they gave us 20% coupon to use at keen. we went there wife found sandals she liked 1/2 off. so the sandals would have been 135. we got everything for 160.00

I use a bag that mounts on top the top tube with another strap around the steering stem. It is done with Velcro straps. Stays in place, but can be removed in a minute. It carries phone, keys, snacks, and small stuff I want at hand. It is a carry over from when I had a manual powered road bike.

I use a bag that mounts on top the top tube with another strap around the steering stem. It is done with Velcro straps. Stays in place, but can be removed in a minute. It carries phone, keys, snacks, and small stuff I want at hand. It is a carry over from when I had a manual powered road bike.
I've bought few of these from Aliexpress and used them on my MTBs to carry spare tube tools and small pump. They don't work for Stepthroughs as there is no top tube, hence handlebar bag on my earlier post.

If you can use "pop rivets", you can save some ,money and make your own.

I use these small canvas zipper bags:

71VGdQfEEeL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I then use pop rivets to fasten these Velcro straps to the back of the bag:

You can then make up 4 bags for $45, including the rivet tool. The bags can then be hung almost anywhere on the bike.

Last edited:
If you can use "pop rivets", you can save some ,money and make your own.

I use these small canvas zipper bags:

View attachment 166849

I then use pop rivets to fasten these Velcro straps to the back of the bag:

You can then make up 4 bags for $45, including the rivet tool. The bags can then be hung almost anywhere on the bike.
No reason to reinvent the wheel.
These little bags are excellent.
Screenshot_20231122-114327_Chrome.jpg

Back