Hailong 48v 17.5ah battery constantly reading full

CepticAU

Region
Australia
Hi All,

I've searched but can't find any posts detailing the issues I am having with a Hailong 48v 17.5ah battery powering a TSDZ2 motor. I have just noticed on the last 3 rides that the TSDZ2 display and the battery display shows 100% charge irrespective of the distance ridden ie the battery voltage isn't apparently dropping. On my last ride we covered 45km and 23km was in turbo mode with no change in the battery level on either displays. I know I should have checked the battery voltage at the discharge ports but I had misplaced my multimeter at the time. I can take a 42km ride tomorrow and use the MM to test the starting voltage and the end voltage. While I am waiting for that is this a BMS issue and is there anything I can do to investigate this further?

Thanks in advance

I really don't think BMS. It has little to do with discharge. I suspect the display and/or the controller.

I really don't think BMS. It has little to do with discharge. I suspect the display and/or the controller.
OK thanks. I guess I need to check the discharge voltage before and after the ride using a multimeter as I'd imagine the TSDZ2 display is getting the voltage levels from there whereas the inbuilt LED battery level picks up prior to the discharge ports (same path though).

If I can measure a significant voltage reduction then I guess it means both the display and the battery monitor has a concurrent fault

Admittedly an early evaluation sample but their displays, I had three versions, were a problem for me. inaccurate and problematic setting up. There’s a very good tsdz2 thread on endless sphere with lots of good info and display alternatives.

Back