Haibike / yamaha Error code 71 then switch off :(

Stevecurnow66

Region
United Kingdom
Hi my 2019 haibike sduro 5.0 hard seven shows error 71 then switches off. It's been back to tredz couple of months ago. They changed battery lock and its been OK up until a couple days ago, any ideas anyone??

Yamaha motor?

Attachments

• Error 71.png
    Error 71.png
    109.2 KB · Views: 13,703
Hi yes it is yamaha motor, thanks for your help :)
Hi turns out it was a battery imbalance, which will happen if you charge near another electrical item. Mine was right next too wife's cube. Bike is now charged other side of garage and as been fine,
Thanks for your help also thought
This might help someone else,
Regards steve

It was via a tredz UK technician, and so after 4 rides and approx 60 miles its worked problem solved, I also thought it was a crock of sh** but seems fact,
Steve

Hmmmm. OK. You didn't say in your original post whether this shut off happened when you are riding the bike, or just when you turn it on...gives code and then turns off? I assumed it was when riding the bike but maybe not. Where are you and what power are you plugging into... now i am assuming it's 220 volts in UK? Amps? Can you re-create the code by charging next to same bike?

hmm. first off I wanna say maybe there is something not right with your power.... like phased wrong. Is there a refrigerator plugged into the same circuit? Plugged in now to other side of garage ... same circuit, or different one? Electrical experts are welcome here, because I am not.

No fridge just away from wife's cube and my motorcycle trickle charger, its still plugged into the same plug socket as before but with a long extension lead. But seems cured :)

Hi,
I just got a Haibike 1.5 for my wife. Plugged bike in to charge via charge point in frame and day after, error 71 came up. Plug that I used was double socket which has fridge plugged in other socket.! Did the code return for you after initial fault ?
Cheers

Hi mines playing up still gone back to dealer again, came up error 71 and cut out 20 odd times on a 16 mile ride which is bleddy annoying, will see what they say this time. My wife as a cube with bosch elecs and been fine 🙄

Hi, thanks for info . I have a Bosch Cube bike,done over 3,000 miles without a problem. Seems like may be a fault. Have read somewhere that there may be a bad connection with battery to terminal ?

Ours is only 6 weeks old, Sduro Hardseven 1.5, so I will be looking for a refund judging by your problems. Cheers for the info.

If you Google "error 71 Yamaha" there is info about a fix for Lapierre bikes with Yamaha batteries that involves a small disc that raises the connector on the battery being fitted. This may help.

Hi my 2019 haibike sduro 5.0 hard seven shows error 71 then switches off. It's been back to tredz couple of months ago. They changed battery lock and its been OK up until a couple days ago, any ideas anyone??
Hi, I had the same problem with my haibike trekking 6, error code 71 then turn off, went back to my bike shop where they fitted a shim to the battery to stop it moving which so far has sorted the problem. Hope this helps!

Back